• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in the Creative Cloud Desktop 6.1 app update!

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creative-cloud-desktop-6.0-cc.jpg

Explore new features in the Creative Cloud App 6.1

We are excited to release a host of exciting new features designed to elevate your experience and deliver added value. Our dedicated team is committed to consistently enhancing our offerings to meet your needs and expectations. Let's explore what these features are.

Key Features

QR code.jpg

Generate QR code: Using this quick action, you can now create a QR of any link or URL and change its style, color and file type.

search.png

Search Results: The left navigation panel (Apps, Files, etc) will remains consistent in Search results.

blue dot.jpgUpdate notifications: We'll keep you up to date for any new content with a blue dot notification appearing for updates to your products and services. The "What's New" functionality has an enhanced look and a blue dot appears wherever updated content is available.

Quick Links

AnotherPhil_0-1686184455716.png Hey community! Upvote if this post was helpful, and leave a comment to join the conversation.
TOPICS
App installs and updates , Files and libraries , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks @kglad, for sharing the link. I will discuss this with the engineering team and will share the update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Creative Cloud Desktop 6.1 app update hat einen Bug! Anwender von Muse können nach dem update dieses Programm nicht mehr starten. Gibt es eine Müglichkeit eine ältere Version von Creative Cloud Desktop zu installlieren, damit tausende von Muse nutzern wieder vernünftig arbeiten können? Bitte auch die Dikussion unter https://www.facebook.com/groups/adobemusegroup?sorting_setting=RECENT_ACTIVITY beachten!)

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg

Anfdreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dromi31 ,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please let us know what issue you are seeing with the latest update of Creative Cloud? If you're looking to download an older version of the Creative Cloud app, use this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

after the last update of Creative Cloud, there were significant problems for users of the Muse app. I know support for Muse has been discontinued, but it can't be that this app - which is still available for download as version 2018.1.1 in the CC - becomes inoperable due to an update from Creative Cloud.

But now to the problem: Whenever Muse is started, the process stops after just three seconds and Muse crashes. All tips (copying plugplug/vulcan.dll from other apps) don't work. I have found that I can open Muse normally again if I boot up my computer and start it before CC is initialized. An attempt after CC becomes active fails. So there must be a bug in the last update of CC that triggers this behavior in Muse.

I hope I can help you with this information and you can fix the problem. And a big request: Don't see this as a problem with Muse, it's not! It's a problem in the last update of CC.

There are still a lot of Muse users worldwide because this program has been used to create many websites and customers often do not want a functioning site to be recreated with another program and therefore they would have to pay a lot of money.

I use Muse myself because, as a graphic designer, it is still the best tool for creating websites. Even if it hasn't received an update for five years. I and many other users are very sad about this.

I am happy about positive feedback.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Andreas (dromi31)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @kglad, for sharing the link. I will discuss this with the engineering team and will share the update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note Adobe Type Kit is also not available for use once you are able to boot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dromi31 

a work-around is to shut-down adobe processes and then start muse, https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/muse-not-running-after-creative-c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another better work-around:

rename AdobeIPCBroker in

win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

mac: ->>Applications->Utilities->Adobe Application Manager->IPC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the new update confusing to navigate. It used to be easy to see what apps you have and what needs updating and how to keep older versions while still updating. I finally found where this is in the new app, but it is not intuitive. Shouldn't it be under the apps tab when you click this tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrea_stewart , you can get to your pending updates by clicking on the blue "Manage updates" button. This is still in the Apps tab.

Alternatively, you could also enable automatic updates if you don't want to do this manually.

KalvynRasquinha_0-1709086777647.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - the grid layout with redundant list on the right is utter chaos! The blue dots don't really help either. Why are there two areas of the exact same content? The grid could be for apps not yet installed and the list on the right for installed apps and their related updates? The grid has so much white space it's like trying to read text with 500% kerning - everything is just floating around in space. I have to scroll for a mile to see things rather than just a compact list I can glance at. It's a mess. It should be a table with each app as a row and the little icons in columns at the right. Woud take 1/4 the space and be 5x easier to understand.

And yes, the blue dots show an update is available, but I pretty much keep the current and previous version of the main apps on my machine so that list can also get pretty long. And the "Update Available" text conveniently replaces the version # info so you have to hover over each entry to see which version it is. And then, since Adobe doesn't have any way to manage file type associations I have to strategically update apps because if I update the OLD version it will take over all the file associations and if there isn't a NEW version update to go after it to re-take-over the associations then I am stuck with broken associtations until an update comes out for the NEW version of the app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my user interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app (version 6.2.0.554 (on MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1)) is different from the screenshots in this post. My office colleague also has the user interface as shown. In my Creative Cloud Desktop app, the UI, especially the left-hand sidebar is different.

How do I get the version as shown?

Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stevenb42676976 

contact your admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stevenb42676976 , are you an admin for your organization? Also, could you share what plan you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kalvyn, thank you for response! I am Admin for our Macs and 2nd Admin for our Adobe Software. Our plan is Creative Cloud for teams All Apps.
Attached a Screenshot from our other mac with CC, where the UI is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @stevenb42676976 . We haven't enabled the Home tab for admins yet since we're running some tests to verify that it has the right experience and information available that will help admins manage their teams. I anticipate it will be enabled in 2 or 3 months. We enabled this for members of the team a couple months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Kalvyn! I had already wondered what was wrong with my installation / version... The answer helped a lot to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines