• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wish to be able to clear Recents on the Home tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest Creative Cloud, under 'home,' there are recent files. My suggestion is to add an option where these recent files can be cleared, similar to how they can be in Photoshop. I've spent 2+ hours on a support chat trying to rectify this, only to find out that it's not currently possible to clear the recents.

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
41 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @Kalvyn Rasquinha !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There needs to be an option to permanently disable sync to cloud and sync across devices. It is quite startling and invasive to find photos that I did not choose to sync in other places, other devices, or automatically uploaded to the cloud. As a professional working with NDAs this practice could cause me to inadvertantly be in violation of an NDA if images are automatically populated to a different device that I log on to. It is very important to keep sensitive images and data in discrete locations that I have direct control over. As a professional, I am responsible for my back ups. I do not want an application to do that automatically when and where I do not have control over.

Currently, Adobe support tells me the only option is to "Pause" syncing which seems to be a temporary option that will automatically switch to resume. I want the ability to turn it off and disabled permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TimothyGoose, Adobe apps will not automatically upload photos by default - it will only happen if you've explicitly enabled an automatic sync. Are the photos present on a mobile device (phone or tablet) or on your laptop/desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TimothyGoose 

pause will persist, at least, until the cc desktop app updates to a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Kalvyn Rasquinha and team,

I agree, another use case: when showing files to Customer A, they might not need to see the ones from Customer B.

Also: NDA issues.

Likewise, it would be useful if we could select some files (favorites) to always be showing in those lists... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing more context, @PECourtejoie. We're exploring the idea of "Favorites" in this space - that is a bit more complex so it's further out on our feature list. It's coming though..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. We have begun rolling out version 6.2 of the app. In the app preferences, you'll now find an option to hide your recent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cobpdesign , @jane-e , @PECourtejoie , @davescm . I assume you all are not recent subscribers to Creative Cloud. If the Creative Cloud app's "Home" tab evolved to focus more on your work/files and recent collaboration activity while the "Apps" tab focused on installing new apps and managing already installed apps, how would that affect your use of the app? Trying to better understand your workflows in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not one of the people you asked but FWIW I do not want the home screen to show any of my work (recent or not) or collaboration.  Others may want that, and that is absolutely fine - as long as I can turn it off!  All I want the Creative Cloud app to do is manage installation and updates.  Nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @JonD07. App-related workflows (installation and updates) would be available in the Apps tab. If you're not looking to see your work, what else would you want to see in the "Home" tab besides installation and updates. What do you like about "Home" tabs in other apps that you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalvyn.

To be honest, all I want the home screen in Creative Cloud to do is let me manage installations and updates, and start programs (do I have to call them apps?! 🙂 ) ... and I would normally start them from icons on my desktop so even the ability to start programs is not important to me.  Otherwise, I just want it to be simple and efficient (for me to use and in terms of not using computer resources more than necessary).

To be clear, I do understand why some people might be happy to see things like recent work there.  However, there are various reasons why I don't want recent work showing up there, eg because of confidentiality obligations or even just privacy reasons.

So, to try to think of other things which could go on the home screen ... information about updates and new software, perhaps a link which takes you to a list of recent work and/or collaborations (so something similar to having recent work and collaborations on the home screen but there is an extra step to get to them so you don't suddenly find something showing on the home screen).  I'm afraid that is all I can think of at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kalvyn Rasquinha Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

I would rather see the option to just hide the homepage, similar to the way I can hide it within apps such as Photoshop.

The other tabs are useful and I would be happy to have the CC desktop app open to the 'Apps' tab if the homepage is hidden.

I rarely use Adobe's online file storage, particularly since syncing of CC files was ended. I used to use that to share multilayer files.

My main use for the CC desktop app is to:

1. Keep applications up to date

2. Choose which version of an application to open (I keep older versions installed mainly to answer questions in this community)

3. Access online stock such as Adobe Substance 3D assets

4. Access my Adobe account

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, @davescm . Can you speak more to this: "I rarely use Adobe's online file storage, particularly since syncing of CC files was ended. I used to use that to share multilayer files."

Couple things I'm curious about:

• Where do you store your work and why?
  • What are your concerns with Adobe's storage?
  • Do you share work with others for feedback/review/approval? If so, how do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Where do you store your work and why?
    I store my work locally on my PC which has several large SSD drives and is backed up daily. That way I have full control over access, back ups, and I am not subject to network issues or loss of data by a third party. The most important of those is speed of access, which is why I use PSD/PSB with compression off.
  • What are your concerns with Adobe's storage?
    Speed of access. Local disk access is fast. Syncing over a network connection is not - many of my files run to several GB and upload times are just too slow.
  • Do you share work with others for feedback/review/approval? If so, how do you do that?
    I share work via a flattened jpeg which can be emailed. I have no need to share large multi-layered files.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @davescm .

How do you manage/organize your work that's stored locally - the OS file browser or some other app/tool? What do you enjoy about this part of your workflow? What would you change if you could?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you manage/organize your work that's stored locally - the OS file browser or some other app/tool? What do you enjoy about this part of your workflow? What would you change if you could?

For image management I use Lightroom Classic.

For 3D based projects I use a file structure on disk, along with File Explorer to access it. Over time, I developed a fairly standard structure for a 3D project, storing objects, materials/textures, Substance Painter files, 3D Scenes, and rendered output images in a project file with structured sub-folders.

I also have a separate file structure for 3D assets and 3D Materials, both those donloaded and those I created in Blender and Substance 3D Designer.

I can't say I 'enjoy' managing the file structure, but it is essential for returning to assets later or for sharing assets across projects.

I would love to see Adobe codecs for PSD/PSB and Substance Materials that work in Windows 11 File Explorer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate