• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio Photo Grid problem with vertical photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE PORTFOLIO. Trying to upload vertical images along with horizontal images to a photo grid for my portfolio. For some reason, the vertical images only appear either sideways or stretched wide to fit in with horizontal photos. Is there a way to fix this so that my vertical images appear as they are?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong forum. This is the Lightroom Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted here because the portfolio “forum” is read only for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem... open them with preview and re-save them. I rotated them 360 degrees for good measure. The new upload worked the way it was supposed to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When images are appearing upside down or rotated, that usually means you took pictures with an iPhone or iPad that was not held correctly with volume buttons pointing down.  Apple has built in software to compensate for this rotation, but other machines, email and the web do not.  The best solution is to hold your device correctly.  Or rotate images afterwards to correct the orientation and save with Metadata set to NONE.

For more question about Portfolio, see links below:

- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- Contact Portfolio Support for technical help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168
- Adobe UserVoice for feedback & bug reports - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with photos I take in my camera. I don't use iPhone for my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Photos taken on a pro level dslr. They appear the right way on the camera and the computer, but not the right way on Adobe Portfolio until they were re-saved. It was a small minority of images taken at different times on different pro cameras. Seems like a minor glitch more than anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't think this is a failure of web-based PhotoGrid module.  More than likely your camera is adding Exif metadata to the image file for it's own set of reasons.  I'm guessing this would happen with almost any web-based app that strips metadata from images.   If you want to file a reproducible bug report, go to Portfolio Support.

- Contact Portfolio Tech Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168
- Adobe UserVoice for posting feedback & bug reports - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

EDIT:  Portfolio on UserVoice has been deactivated.  Please contact Portfolio support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it worked! Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Lightroom Classic to Creative Cloud Services.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Uploading images that otherwise look normal and having them weirdly stretched / rotated on the website grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, if you have apple, just rotate the photos 360 degrees in preview and then re-uploaded them and it should be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I don't know if you're still having this problem, but I've found that if you center align the image it will correct the orentation and then you can size the image the way you want. 

I hope this helped.

Kindest Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this problem for half an hour or maybe more. None of these stratigies seemed to work. What did end up working was this:

First, take all of your photos you may have on your desk top or a hard drive and add them to the photos app. (I use apple, it's the app that comes with your device for photos.)

Second, after all of your photos are on the app, select them all (if they are in ramdom places you can add them all to a single album) and on the top left hand of your screen you should see "File" this isn't in the photos app, its on the computer itself. click "File" and then "Export" you should see "Export x Photos" where x is the number of photos you have selected. Click that.

Third, select your settings, (remember websites can only use certain file types) and click export

My settings:
Photo Kind: JPEG

JPEG Quality: Maximum
Color Profile: Most Compatible
Size: Full Size
Include: (YES) Title, Keywords, and Caption
               (YES) Location Information
File Name: Use File Name
Subfolder Format: None

Then select where you would like the photos to be stored. Personally I use an external hard drive.

Hope this helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your solution, @Jacob34908421l0ob 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines