• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC(and the UI) is too slow! Every release makes it worse, and I'm tired of losing features!

Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the only one having issues, right? like, I'm running a 1070ti card, and a top of the line CPU from a small while after the 1070ti released, and I'm booting from an SSD and so on, I know it's not exactly a workstation, but it's better than most current apple devices still- So why is all of this taking up so much space on RAM, and beyond that, taking up to a minute to load, then taking another few seconds to open a blank file? I know it's not my installation, I reinstalled several times, but as far as I can tell it's just the program? It's not sudden, though- it's been getting worse since 2014 it feels like. I can't make money with these programs. they're dead in the water and completely killing my ability to be productive- I feel lied to.

back in the CS days (I started with CS3) it was blazing fast- I only had to worry about stability or speed when my images were 16k on a high school computer- but now exporting a 1.2MB image to a hard drive crashes my desktop and takes 30 seconds- and good luck exporting more than one complex, multi-subcomp after effects video A DAY. I use blender for VFX now- after effects has become unusable, as much as I like the process- I can't access my reel any more either- it just won't open because the new program is too slow on newer hardware, and it's getting in the way of getting rehired!

I've paid twice as much every consecutive year, but in addition to paying $400 MORE, the features HAVE BEEN REMOVED. I can no longer simply use "save as" to choose a filetype from photoshop, Flash is just gone with no workable replacement, Premiere no longer has multithreading. seriously. how do you screw that up. I have written multithreaded code and I don't even code for a living, but you took it one step further and removed a working feature, promised a better implementation, then didn't talk about it more than 6 years. I can't even export basic H264 from after effects! You removed industry standard filetype access.

hff... I'm getting worked up, but really, I'm heartbroken. the programs are in a nearly unusable state for me and it sucks because now I pay FIVE TIMES AS MUCH for LESS SUPPORT and WORSE FEATURES and SLUGGISH, BROKEN PROGRAMS and I'm tired of being disrespected, you know? Adobe is charging me more than I can make, for programs that stopped being able to get me a job a year ago.

so, why is this a feature request? good question.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Hey, Adobe. It's time to remake your main suite (photoshop, illustrator, premiere, audition, after effects, and maybe a new cad program to take advantage of recent 3D printing trends) from scratch. It had a good run but the current code feels so old, spaghettified, frankencoded and sluggish that it's no longer a compelling argument to use at all, much less at its current price.

As your target audience, I'll say this is why the competition is eating your bottom line. Your programs just aren't functional or modern like you advertise, and for some reason you keep pushing these confusing, bulky collab tools that take longer to set up and debug than the time they save versus throwing a pen drive across the office and briefing new hires on a standard file naming structure. I understand that you're being hit by anti-monopoly laws, so hear me out-

the best move is clearly to put maybe a tenth of your $11,000,000,000 yearly revenue toward some shiny new editing programs, instead of stifling the progress of other companies for transient and dubious benefit(that thing that has the FTC at your throat). You had a near-monopoly, so suddenly putting out a new suite of blazing fast, artist-vetted programs with up-to-date features and more active development in collaboration with workfloor artists and editors would no doubt cement you at the top, even with other companies present.

As both an investor and a client, it's a definite red flag that the moment the income from the programs became stable from reccuring payments, meaningful development halted-if the trend continues, Adobe will definitely be upstaged in a few years, like Autodesk was with blender. After all, the primary expectation clients have for the service (Access to well-working programs, with meaningful updates, new useful features, intuitive UI, and performance improvements) is not being provided, and client dissatisfaction is mounting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user to user forums.  i have a lower spec computer and have no problems.

that said, if you want to complain to adobe, report here - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

or, if you want help:  using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1631454795143.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. they just told me they can't help, and to get used to it, basically. I directed them toward a number of very highly rated ... whatever those things you can vote on are (really, since when if bug fixing a popularity contest?) and they confirmed that their community advisors don't really seem to communicate. they had no idea we were promised true multithreaded functionality years ago. and I understand. lure people in with gimmicks and make them pay for decades old software bloated with enough bells and whistles to deafen a man on mars. 

I've done everything you said, and the best I got was some dude telling me  not to use more than one adobe program at a time. what gives. if these programs work well together, then why are the help desk attendants themselves telling me to turn them off for maybe a 4% increase in render speed? it's ridiculous.

the other, newer programs work fine- it's ones like premiere and after effects that are so old they hold up about as well as the hindenburg.(and crash in a similarly spectacular fashion.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please feel free to leave feedback on Adobe User Voice where the product engineers will  see it.  As fellow product users, we don't make the software or influcence what Adobe does.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 
what now? they deleted the AE uservoice when my suggestion got on the front page.
I sincerely hope this is a joke. I have A LOT of old files here. I'm not sure what to do with them, but if adobe can't make a new program that can import them I'm going to lose my work.
I can't even download the program they were made in any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's difficult to read long posts on my mobile. so, just posting your problems without extraneous details/opinions/rancor  etc, what are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a feature request. for a new after effects, like AE2. 
Many users and studios (my favorite studio, corridor digital included) are being pushed away from After Effects because of its buggy, crashy nature. I have both CS6 AND CC22 on my machine, and the actual processing speed is no different, but RAM usage is several times higher for the same project in a new version. AE CS6 can play my test 4k footage at 13fps average with no cache. AE CC22 can play it at about 2-4fps average, and fails to play or cache more altogether at 11.08 seconds, or 38.3% of the footage. Multiframe rendering decreases render times by a whopping 15% in my varied effect test, despite attempting to process 7 frames at once. The UI often lags far behind the mouse, but I've been unable to make it lag in initial tests in CS6 except with the already known "tracker button bug" that's existed since CS6.

The userbase pays the same price as an all new version of CS every year, under the belief they will recieve meaningful updates, but my results show that over the course of an entire decade there has been almost zero processing speed improvement. a 75% reduction in UI responsiveness, and a 15% uplift in final render speeds, which is nice but doesn't matter for most of the workflow, as well as the loss of a standard file format, and most effects are still not even 16 bit, making them useless for modern footage. If you include that 4K has become standard in production over 1080p back for CS6, the program feels a quarter the speed, and replay feels an eighth the speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nubnubbud, if you think adobe's unaware and you want to point out the issue to adobe, do so here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have, over a year ago, and again months ago even. I sent them https://youtu.be/YeopaTW16kA?t=133  and   https://youtu.be/aVNCgmAsI8c?t=139 but I've just... had enough. adobe doesn't seem unaware. they seem uncaring and disdainful. Every version had new features and legitimate improvements and updates, till about 2014, shortly after they went subscription. as Bart from episode five thousand or whatever of simpsons said, "if I had a TV show, I'd run it into the ground". it's clear that people like me, who depend on this software to fund food and shelter, just don't matter to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem, i'm sure adobe engineers will be checking your videos any minute.  (and insurrectionist isn't the term that comes to mind when considering someone that refuses to follow directions.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that more in the ways I contact others and tell them what I feel is lesser known and unpleasant truths about the software, like how it won't use all of your GPU, or that it gobbles RAM in ways that no other does. I understand it's a bit crude to do so, but on the other side, it feels too downplayed. it is an issue, both of those things! and more! and I'm tired of pretending they're not. I'm tired of losing clients who won't wait for a preview or want an export multiple times in a work day without me taking coffee breaks each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well this is silly. we've both edited our posts... might as well be a live chat at this point. well, I'll leave it here. we don't mesh well, and this was primarily just a cry for help a long time ago. I'm only here again because I'm using the program again, and need to wait an hour to output a 30 second clip with noise reduction, and going through it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, sorry.

from your perspective, i think, you see a mess and no adobe response, and from my perspective i see lengthy complaints that cannot be addressed on a user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, and I totally understand your point.
There's no reasonable way to address my issues, which is why I, and many other people want a totally new program. Please understand, since this post I've been on uservoice, because that was a place where devs might sometimes respond if you got popular enough. Then they deleted it, and I'm back here. To someone who's had to beg, rallying over 200 other users just to get a single comment from adobe, how do you think it feels to have adobe burn that bridge? I pay as much as a month of rent every year for these programs... and that's how I'm treated? for wanting a video editing program to be able to play a video? it feels like an abusive relationship I can't escape. so here I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think there is a reasonable way to address your issues. it's just not an adobe priority.

if i were in charge, i would have staff evaluate the wish form and give feedback, even if it's to say, sorry this is not a priority, or yes, we are aware of the issue and it's on our schedule to address this in 2030.

but as it is, you file wish/bug report and you hear nothing.  which aggravates everyone.

alas, i'm not in charge so you can expect to hear nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, I know~ that's why I was unhappy with the other forum disappearing. Here, a legitimate bug tends to get buried under questions of where to find a toggle, or why the green line doesn't fill the bar, and workarounds can be taken as answers, where that's the issue that put AE in its current state to begin with-things coded in ways that should have been temporary band-aid patches at best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is a year old.  Since last year, Adobe have moved away from UserVoice and added BUGS and IDEAS to several product communities on this platform.

After Effects community:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ct-p/ct-after-effects

Adobe Express community:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express/ct-p/ct-adobe-express

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Adobe expects users to have the latest software, no more than two versions back.

ProDesign Tools has links to some older CC versions.  However Adobe can remove these installers at anytime.   Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS described on the pages below.

2019 Direct Downloads

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

2018 Direct Downloads

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet or exceed all the specifications. My machine has for 7 years. That's one of the issues. The program is slower, buggier, and laggier than it was in previous versions, despite having higher system requirements, and is slower and laggier than previous versions on the same hardware. That's why people are wondering why they pay for adobe CC, if they're not getting reasonable updates. Meanwhile footage has quadrupled in size and bandwith, which the program has actively gotten worse in handling. It wouldn't be an issue if no one could manage that... but at this point, AE is one of a select handful that just... isn't fast enough to compete. and that makes me sad because I like it and grew up with it, and it's basically the last layer-based VFX program out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nubnubbud, these are user forums.

if you have something to you want help with that other users can provide, what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I come from the uservoice forums, which the devs deleted only for my main programs for some reason.
the opposite in fact. I would go to adobe and ask for their time in explaining what we need or leading a team to make new software, though I'm not good at code- I am a VFX artist. that has to count for something, right?
I help other people on this site, and across the internet with the program, because I've used it since CS3. call me an insurrectionist for telling them that these programs don't care that they spent $7000 on computer parts, only that extra hundred dollars of RAM is doing any real work at all, that they could use a low end CPU and no GPU and it would be similar, that if they want to track something, they'll need to tell the program to exit and cancel it to access the UI after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines