Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App Shows Incorrect Free Space Remaining

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a technical issue with my creative cloud account.  My CC desktop application (Windows) shows as having 46.7% of the available space used, and at present I have no files stored or in my creative cloud archive.  Something is definitely amiss! 

Thanks,

-Jon

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 138 Replies 138
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It asks me to buy more space even though I have only 6 pictures stored on LR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

can you write why so many users have the same problem and how to avoid it in the future?

Can a normal user solve the issue himself or only with support of Adobe tech guys which have full access to the storage server?

thanks

Zbigniew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am having the same problem. I deleted a lot of my photos but it still says storage is almost full.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried deleting them from Deleted folder at Adobe Creative Cloud ? Please let us know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!  I have NO files inside "Deleted", "Lightroom" or "Spark".  Now my work is stalled

adobe_cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Your Archive in the Web Creative Cloud is not empty...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same issue I have no files, yet it shows i'm using 7,9GB!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of mine ended up being Lightroom taking up a ton of space, and I couldn't see how much or where. Tech support had me go online and DELETE my ENTIRE library and that solved the space problem. The problem with that is that I can't have my LR cached files taking up all that space!!  That should be unlimited - we're paying for CC storage and LR on top! So I had to upgrade to a larger storage, and I don't think that's cool. No where does it say that LR is taking all that space. It did it today again actually....Says I'm using 24GB when my CC is now only 2GB. I minimized my CC because I was pissed, and I use OneDrive for whatever else now. Or my flash drive in my pocket. So where's all the other space? Probably in LR because I'm changing to LR CC, which I don't really like. I don't have an alternative though. Once you start, you're screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused but I'm having the opposite problem... it says I have used 0 GB of storage connected to our team account, but there are definitely files in there. Do you know why that is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 years later no solution, not bad adobe. still same problem here.... crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 Years and it is still an issue.  I've never used Cloud Storage but it shows 85 megs of 100 gigs used.  That seems to be enough though to get a notification from the Creative Cloud app to upgrade my storage.  You'd think Adobe would have that notification show up when you have only 10% or so left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stanley_W 

In order to free up storage, you have to disable the photoshop presets feature as described here (choose NO when asked to keep the data in the cloud): https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

then go to your cc web site by opening cc desktop app>clicking cloud icon>cc webempty all 8 folders (4 in your files, 2 in shared with you, 1 in shared with you, 1 in deleted)click the lightroom link at bottom left of your cc web page and delete files from there.lastly, recheck your deleted folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank @kglad.  I currently do not have Preset Syncing enabled.  I don't recall it ever been enable.
Since I don't use Adobe Cloud Storage I have only have been looking at Your Files: Cloud Documents, Published, Synced files and Mobile creations.  Those are all empty. 
BUT under Your libraries (which I didn't bother to look at before because I thought I hadn't uploaded anything) there are items.  An AI graphics folder with 5 files, which were probably put there when I got an e-mail from Adobe about AI examples and I clicked the link.  There other is a layer style that I have used.  Again, with Preset Syncing off, I must have not read the whole dialog box when I asked if I wanted to save it as to where it was saving it.
So I thank you @kglad  for making me look at things that I didn't know I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stanley_W 

don't forget to check the lightroom link, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines