• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Helper is showing top of my Screen Time report at 24 hours a day

Participant ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask what is it about the Createive Cloud Helper app on my Mac that causes it to be at the top of my Screen Time report showing as 24 hours per day.

Not only does this seem unneccesary but it also distorts the benefit of Scrren Time reporting.

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Creative Cloud Helper is responsible for sign-in and activation of Creative Cloud apps through the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please check this article for more info about the background processes of the Creative Cloud Application: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini Thank you, but it does not really answer the question, it just tells me it is a helper app. I have many other helper apps on my mac that do not seem to need to run 24-hours a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud Dekstop Application?
You may try uninstalling the app through the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

To download the app, use this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tarun Saini 

I've followed all these instructions and I am very pleased to report that the Creative Cloud Helper is no longer taking any Screen Time. It would seem that something had got stuck.

One things that I did notice whilst killing the Adobe processes is that many appear to be running several times. Even now after 'cleaning' and restarting my Mac there are two instances of the Creative Cloud Helper and five of the Core Sync Helper. Is this as expected?

Thank you for youir help

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. 

As I understand that you are worried about so many Adobe processes running at the backend, however, these are various Adobe services required to run at the backend. For example services like coresync is required to run the sync services.

In case you are not using the Adobe processes, please see the link and close the processes:

Close conflicting processes or applications interfering with Adobe Creative Cloud app update or inst...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines