Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - Sync stuck in loop

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to remedy this?

I've logged out and logged in to both computers with CC installed. On my MacBook Pro, there's no issue but on my Windows 7 machine, this is all CC does - "Syncing files 12 of 17". Or it starts with 16/17. It's always one of the two and it just does that infinitely. It does it incredibly fast, appearing like a flash. Help/advice?? Thanks!

screenshot.JPG

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Hi Cliff,

I’ve seen some other recent reports of sync running continuously and never completing.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10367869?tstart=0#10367869

Maybe try these suggestions

1) One of the people on the posted resolved by installing some pending OS updates.

2) A second person resolved it by recreating some of the CoreSync database files. They mention the continuous sync being brought on by changing the location of the Creative Cloud Files folder.

Please try these steps after stopping all of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Hello, 

I had the same problem in 2021, the synchronization was endless. Then I have quickly tried this method a first time as they say above :

1. First, stop syncing and shut down the Creative Cloud app
  2. Second, just in case, delete all temporary files in AppData\Local\Temp
  3. Third, delete the {hash}.db, {hash}.db-shm and {hash}.db-wal from AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Coresync
  4. Finally, launch the Creative Cloud app and start syncing

... But that did not work, because I was too impatient.
So I tried again a secon

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Perinus,

This problem has been hounding me for ages and your fix worked for me as well - thanks! But only for a while...

I was happily watching Sync scoot along and complete more than 10k of the 40k files it was scheduled to sync, thinking the problem was cracked, but then it suddenly popped up with the same error as before. I have plenty of free space available so am at a loss to work out what's going on. Have you had a recurrrence? It seems a drag to have to go through your fix each and every time this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MaxStrammer.  Where is your creative cloud folder located?  On the C drive, another removable drive or somewhere else?  How often does this happen for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's on a fixed hard drive (RAID), but not c:

This is a more or less permanent fault. I can temporarily fix it by
following the steps outlined by "perinus" at
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/creative-
cloud-sync-stuck-in-loop/td-p/6374694, but it recurs after a short while.
I've just about given up on syncing until a solution is announced.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth looking at doing a backup and going through the steps I outlined after that in the same thread. Those steps will completely remove all instances of Adobe from your computer.   This is what it took for me to solve the problem perminently.   Haven't had any trouble since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is still bugging some people, I had the same problem (on a PC) about a year ago. I eventually fixed it - see below - and it hasn't recurred (fingers crossed).

1. I suspended FileHistory and my daily (late evening) full Acronis disk backup (I know it’s a bit belt & braces but, hey, it’s a back-up regime! I have BackBlaze running all the time as well)
  2. The sync seemed to progress much further than it had been doing…but then stopped with the usual error msg
  3. However, this time I could see the list of files that it was objecting to, so I went onto CC Web and deleted them (likewise from the Creative Cloud folders on my desktop & laptop)
  4. BOOM! “File syncing Up to date” - ecstasy 😊😊

Cheers,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines