Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email today announcing 

Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.

This is the only way I can sync work from a personal workstation to my work computer.  Does this mean that we will no longer be able to use the Creative Cloud Files as a mechanism to do that starting February 1, 2024.  How does this "modernize the Creative Cloud storage experience"?

Our company does not allow access to USB ports, I can't just copy from an external drive. The only way we can sync our work is via cloud storage. What alternative would I have when this comes into play. 

Full text of email below:

Dear Creative Cloud User,

We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your personal Creative Cloud account. Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on February 1, 2024.

How this may impact you:
• Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.
• Files that are uploaded directly to assets.adobe.com or the Creative Cloud Mobile App will not be automatically copied to your computer.

Recommended actions:
• If you do not save assets to the Creative Cloud Synced files, no action is needed.
• Ensure your assets are properly backed up locally or to third-party cloud storage.

It is important to emphasize that there will be no change to Creative Cloud Documents functionality. You can still save files as Creative Cloud Documents via applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; these files will remain in sync across devices.

Regards,
Adobe Creative Cloud Team

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

correct, if you're doing anything that depends on the adobe sync folder files actually syncing, that will end. ie, make plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Please refer to the official help articles below for more details.

Individual Plans - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Teams/Enterprise Plans -  https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

For additional questions, please feel free to contact Adobe Customer Care:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Or ask your IT Dept Admin to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

True, it will not be difficult to find alternatives, but it will cost us. Significantly. A lot of creatives are struggling these days to get by, and do not have the means to get yet another (costly) subscription to a file syncing service. Hence my remark about CC subscription prices, which should go down if this is really happening.

And to be honest, Adobe should just explain themselves. Why is this a necessary step, and how in the world is it 'modernizing'? An official statement from them on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aren't onedrive and google drive free (up to a certain amount of storage)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free OneDrive is 5GB, Google Drive is 15GB. Not even close to the 100GB that CC currently offers. Neither will be sufficient for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess you'll need to pay someone if it's worthwhile for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ehm, well I've been paying Adobe, right? And since they're taking this away from us, I expect them to lower CC prices significantly in order for the many of us that depend on that service to be able to subscribe to a third-party file syncing service. It's just ridiculous how they annouce this. And without ANY explanation, I might add.

The reponse I get through social media is: 'Hi, Adobe is modernizing the way we enable users to collaborate on their creative work with a focus on web-first workflows.' That is so uninteresting for so many of us. And it doesn't explain anything about this major step backwards. That response could just as easily have been: 'Hi, Adobe is crippling the standalone users that depend on multiple machines across which they need to be able to sync their files to maintain an efficient workflow.'

They are seriously dropping the ball here. And are unwilling to comment, explain, or think about their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're entitled to your expectations, despite their distance from reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. So glad we have someone here who's obviously above all others.

It's very clear to me you don't care at all about this move by Adobe, but many users do. We are forced to change workflows, spend extra money and engage in agreements with third-party cloud services. That is a bothersome result of Adobe taking away file syncing from its users. The fact that you are not affected by this move is lovely for you, but many of us are in deep sh*t because of it. Hence my posts, regardless of their 'distance from reality' as you so sarcastically put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wjansen 

i wasn't being sarcastic.  i was and still am just trying to get you (and others) to face reality.  ie, plan ahead. you have a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad Ok, sorry. My bad. 😉 And I appreciate your effort to make us all face reality.

However, at the same time I'm just very disappointed about this decision and I'm still hoping Adobe will at some point clarify why they are doing this. No valid explanation has been given, and I just don't think they realize how big of an impact this has. The decision seems to have been taken lightly, which I don't understand. That's why I'm so frustrated about it.

I will definitely look into alternative options of course, but in the mean time I will keep asking Adobe for a statement on the matter. Be it idle hope or not. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.  and sorry about my apparent lack of compassion.  (that lack is something i find myself exhibiting on the adobe forums, but not something i would do in real life.  my failing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how much does adobe pay you to shut down complaints? 

Cause that's what you are here to do from what I can tell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ehm... In defense of @kglad that's not what he's doing. He explained quite well that he's trying to motivate us to look for other options while we still have time to do so.

I still think Adobe's move is REALLY bad, but I'm also looking for alternatives for if this is really happening. I will keep complaining but I do not have the illusion that's going to change anything about Adobe's thoughts on their plans for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just now realizing how completely biased I am by assuming @kglad is a 'he'. My sincere apologies if I am wrong about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not too concerned with pronouns around here. 

AFAIC, you can call me anything you want, just don't call me later for dinner.  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha ok I won't 😄 Just wanted to be correct, that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wjansen 

no problem. (but you were/are correct.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default0zp97vzne16v 

complain away. (but adobe has different forums for that.). this forum is for people seeking help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use 41.6 GB in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change is harder for some people than others. 😢

iDrive S3 compatible cloud storage starts at $20/year for 1TB.

https://www.idrive.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy, I will definitely look into that.

And for the record, I wholeheartedly embrace change, just not the kind where no alternatives or improvements are offered.

Thankfully you did though. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we can find alternatives. The point is that we should not have to. It's a step backwards to remove a feature in a way that only harms the community. We pay for this service and for them to take away a major part of it without a good reason is a fair reason for paying customers to be upset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, not easy, but it will probably mean looking for Adobe alternatives. Not just CC, but also Dreamweaver, Animate, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should we have to find alternative ways? The file sharing feature of CC means I don't need to pay for another service and offset the month license fee somewhat. This is a disgrace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MoonLord 

you don't have to find an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the question is always just why? To save a few extra bucks on Adobe's end? Here's another reason for my to try and break free from their monopoly. Hope some day I'll finally get the pleasure of watching the company be forced to make some pro-consumer choices!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines