• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless "loading Adobe fonts" in the Creative Cloud app? Possible solution below.

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After migrating from an intel iMac to a new M1 iMac, I had the spinning/never loading fonts issue in the Font section of the Creative Cloud app.

I tried using the web version of Adobe's font management to deactivate all fonts. (That didn't solve it, but I mention it in case it's part of the solution.)

What eventually solved it was going and getting Adobe's Cleaner Tool: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
and removing old versions of Adobe programmes. (Turns out there were some remnants going as far back as Creative Suite 4!).

I had the luxury of not worrying about losing older versions because they're still on the Intel iMac, but if you're wanting to keep more recent ones, you *may* only need to delete the much older versions.

For instance, Illustrator 2021 is glacial on the Intel but 2020 is good, so I was mostly working in 2020, hoping that at some point 2021 would get an update that would make it less of a dog. (FWIW, 2021 running M1 native seems pretty damn smooth!)

After using the cleaner tool, I downloaded the latest Creative Cloud desktop app from: https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

And ran the installer, which I assume overwrote the Creative Cloud app I had.

That was the point where the fonts panel was actually working again. There is an option there to activate "previously active" fonts. So it was pretty easy to restore them (and probably not a bad thing to cull some of the 380+ fonts), or just activate as needed if updating old projects with certain fonts.

Hope this helps someone.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

I finally figured it out! In the utilities folder there was an adobe sync folder that cleaner was not removing. As soon as I deleted that folder and relaunched CC it installed core sync!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS.

Thank you SO much for posting this. I recently bought the new M1 chip Macbook Pro 14" and I was going through the same issue with the activated fonts and cloud files not loading. I tried everything I found online but every solution seemed to be targeted toward older Mac models. I was literally about to give up and on the verge of calling Adobe help desk until I found your post.

If anyone else bought the new Macbook with the M1 chip and have migrated your files from your old computer, make sure you use the Adobe's Cleaner Tool to get rid of ALL older versions and download the latest versions from a clean slate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping this would resolve it for me, but no luck.. I dont have a core sync extension, from what I have read once I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe CC desktop it should prompt me to install the extension but it never does.. 

Hoping if I update to 12.01 that allows things to work?

any other suggestions would be super helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @doooooobin 

It's frustrating, definitely. So... you're using an M1 Mac and have the endless "loading Adobe fonts" in the Creative Cloud app, right? And you followed all the instructions above with the CC Cleaner tool?

But still you have the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything discussed, but nothing is resolving the issue! Any other tips?

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac are you using?
What's your OS?

You mentioned "Hoping if I update to 12.01" above- the latest Creative Cloud App is 5.6, so what does 12.01 refer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on a 2021 MBP and I’m Monterey 12.0.1.

Creative cloud is version 5.6.0.788

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. This was on a iMac M1 which at the moment is still on the latest update of Big Sur 11.6.

CC version is now the same as yours.

If you followed all the steps of 

1. deactivate all fonts

2. use cleaner to get rid of old Adobe apps.

3. reinstall Create Cloud App,

then I'm afraid I don't have further tips.

I do find there are ongoing dramas with Adobe software on both Mac and Win. I've just had to go and manually delete "AdobeNotificationClient" after I finally realised that it was what was making my grunty desktop grind to a halt at points. Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application revealed endless "Failure to load the application settings for package AdobeNotificationClient" errors. After much messing around with actually getting privileges to the WindowsApp folder which allowed me to delete it (thanks Windows! So glad you decided that even as an Admin, I wasn't really allowed access to folders because your "Trust" owned it! That was half an hour of my life I won't get back...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out! In the utilities folder there was an adobe sync folder that cleaner was not removing. As soon as I deleted that folder and relaunched CC it installed core sync!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woot! So glad you got it sorted, and nice for posting back here- hopefully that will help other Mac M1 users 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the frusteration, if I could help 1 person avoid what I went through it would be worth it!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I had, and I had no idea anymore what to do. Many, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did to get it to work for me:

Toggle the Adobe Fonts setting

If the fonts are not active, try turning off the font option in Creative Cloud (preferences dialog box - services in the left nav), toggle Adobe Fonts to turn it off then close out the preferences. 

Re-open the Creative Cloud preferences dialog box and then toggle Adobe Fonts to turn it back on. Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 2.34.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toggle solution worked for me a while back, pre-M1 chip.  This time around I had to scrape the MacBookPro of all things Adobe before things would work correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im on an Intel MBP and have been having trouble loading fonts and this solution has worked for me – Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines