• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File won't delete in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever had this issue? I have a photo file, I delete, it goes to trash, but then automatically gets added to back to creative cloud. I can not delete it! Help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Are you deleting the file Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop for in the browser at https://assets.adobe.com/files?

Deletion is a two-stage process (think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows). First you delete the file (or move it out of) the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop; or in your browser you choose the Archive action.

Once the file is in the Archive you can Restore or Permanently Delete the file only from the browser at https://assets.adobe.com/archive.

Please let 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you deleting the file Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop for in the browser at https://assets.adobe.com/files?

Deletion is a two-stage process (think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows). First you delete the file (or move it out of) the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop; or in your browser you choose the Archive action.

Once the file is in the Archive you can Restore or Permanently Delete the file only from the browser at https://assets.adobe.com/archive.

Please let  us know how you are deleting the file (desktop or browser) and where you are seeing it added back (desktop, browser or both).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I am attempting to remove two empty folders from my CC, but they constantly reappear. I've attempted the following steps to delete the folders from CC:

-     Delete the folders directly from the CC folder and emptied trash

-     Dragged the folders from CC to my desktop then deleted and emptied trash

-     "Permanently Deleted" folders from CC archive Adobe.com

None of these actions have removed these folders. They always reappear within seconds of deleting in my CC folder on my laptop. Currently, there is nothing in my Archived folder on the CC browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@angryalan - Please share the collection ids of the folders you are unable to delete. See the post above for how to get these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therein lies the issue. The folders do not exist on my CC browser/URL based Archive. In fact there are no files or folders at all in my CC browser based Archive. The folders still appear on my CC laptop folder structure. See attached screenshot. (File names blurred for security reasons).

Right clicking each folder shows no availability to "View on Website"

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 1.36.50 PM.png

Additional information shows server errors, but viewing on CreativeCloud.com only shows an empty Archive.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 1.43.17 PM.png

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the screenshots. File syncing is not completing for some reason for the two folders shown ending in "(11-15)" in the Finder. And there are additional errors for files shown in the error dialog.

Are you able to see these folders from the CC Assets site at https://assets.adobe.com/files? This will allow you to get the collection ids. If the folders are only showing in the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer, and not on the CC Assets site that would be good to know.

Also please collect your log files using the Log Collector Tool  ​and email them to me at kenrice@adobe.com. I will have the Core Sync team examine the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Assets folder does not contain the problem folders (screenshot below), these problem folders only appear on my CC Files folder on my computer (previous screenshot).

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 4.09.56 PM.png

I will collect the logs and send you a direct email. I greatly appreciate the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping this can be resolved. After the Adobe server issue, we've been having a lot of issues. Going to remove everything from my creative cloud, that way the folder owner can readd me. But, this one folder will NOT delete no matter what I do.

URL:

Pp9da52ace-6a97-44c3-9beb-d5d021edb85e&mv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! URL is

9da52ace-6a97-44c3-9beb-d5d021edb85e&mv

Ken G. Rice or any other staff member!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken -

I am having the same issues as all of the above people; folders will not delete no matter which way I try to achieve. I have seen your responses to send the collection ID, however the url of my folders does not contain a collection ID. See example: Adobe Creative Cloud

Any advice on how to remove/delete these folders would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey I have photos under my mobile creative work folder on the adobe cloud web site, I want to delete them but every time I try it just says some items could not be deleted. These photos are not shown elsewhere, not in my Mac's creative folder, not in my phone. How can I delete them? BTW, I can not even get the URL for these photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. No matter where I delete the folder, browser or desktop, it reappears in the same location a few seconds later. I even tried renaming it but a new folder with the old name appears after a few seconds in the same location. I also can't move it. I tried deleting it and emptying the archive folder before it could reappear but it still does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sean-King-Jeppesen - Please post the collection id for the folder you are not able to delete. You can get it from the browser url. For example my private folder (collection) link is https://assets.adobe.com/files?location=https%3A%2F%2Fcc-us1-prod.adobesc.com%2Fapi%2Fv1%2Fcollectio.... So the collection id is the part after collections%2F which is 4a600e23-0379-477a-b20a-ddab9a4c5dc1. With that information we can investigate and resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's that part of the URL: 8f0d2e78-5b71-4886-b426-d3298cdf1f1a

—

Sean King

Graphic Designer/Web Developer

Creative Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sean-King-Jeppesen - The folder has been deleted. If you have any further issues or questions just let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken G. Rice, looks like another folder is doing this now. The collection ID of the new problem is: b88c395a-df34-4f8c-bf53-357e9da1befd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ken G. Rice I'm having trouble with more folders not deleting. Is there something I can do to resolve this issue or do I keep having to provide you guys the ID? It's a bit frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with a number of folders... collection ID of one problem folder is:
0c9feb59-2749-473f-add0-ac1d776aefef

thanks in advance for any help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I've left multiples messages and Adobe is ignoring the issue. I can't believe it's been going on for 5 years!! 

Cannot delete files from CC nor the iPad app . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines