• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files won't upload

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upload 200 photos (JPG) to Creative Cloud, but the files won't upload.

I tried to turn off/on the sync in settings, quit the app, restart the computer (Mac) and log out/in. Nothing seems to be happening. I have used only 6% out of 20GB storage, and the file size is about 6-10mb per image.

Therefore, I searched online to find any solution, but can't seem to find any solution to the problem. Is there anything particular I can try to do to fix this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mads,

Does uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app help?

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Please let me know if you see the same result after trying that

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I do that, it seems that I have to uninstall programs that needs CC app to work (Lightroom and Photoshop I assume). If I uninstall Lightroom, what happens with all my settings, presets, photos that are imported to the program etc.? I really don't want to lose all the presets, settings and photos that are in there already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mads,

The uninstaller in the document I referenced allows you to install the Creative Cloud desktop app without having to uninstall installed products. There is a warning but you can still proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled and re-installed the app, following the instructions you linked to. All it did after re-installing it was updating Lightroom and Photoshop, but not uploading any files. I assume this upload process would start automatically if it worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mads,

Lightroom CC is designed to work with its own cloud storage and has its own built in syncing. Creative Cloud file storage is designed mostly as a location to store your creative projects so you can work on them collaboratively or from multiple computers but separate and different than LR syncing.

A few clarifying questions.

• Which version of Lightroom are you using? CC or CC Classic?
  • What was the purpose of uploading the 200 photos?
  • Did you place the 200 photos within the Creative Cloud files folder?

Please let me know when you get the chance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Im using CC Classic, newest version.
  • I want the photos on my phone and tablet as well, so that I can upload some of them on social medias and so on. I know I could use Dropbox or similar, but I somewhat feel that the quality on the photos are better in the CC app.
  • Yes, like this:

Creative Cloud folder -> Map #1 -> Map #2

I also tried to upload a photo directly to the Creative Cloud folder (not any sub folders), but still didn't work. I have never had any problems with adding photos in sub folders before, the problems just randomly happened without anything changing first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info

Could you confirm that sync is turned on in the Creative Cloud app preferences.

sync_on copy 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, can confirm. I even tried to turn it off, then on again, to see if that could help. No results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for testing that, you might also want to test if the same thing occurs from a newly created user profile with admin rights

macOS Sierra: Set up users, guests, and groups on your Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new account, but nothing happens. The files won't upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine isn't working either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a cure? Same problem here but in windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking to see if you ever figured out this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Gabriel31224376wsfv 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines