Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - Can't open cloud documents

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using Illustrator CC on my school's network which does not use Adobe CC.
Even though I have been able to install the CC Desktop app and Illustrator, when attempting to open my cloud documents it says...

"Can\t open file. The account you signed in with doesn\t have access to this file. Contact the owner for more info"

- I am the owner of the document.
- Cloud Sync is working correctly (I can navigate and see my files).
- Illustrator is correctly displaying my account as logged in.
- I have tried signing out of all login instances and back in with no effect.

Any advice would be gratefully received. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried downloading the document and then, opening it?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can pull it down by logging into CC's web interface and pulling it down that way.
Which is fine, except that I can't then re-upload the edited file, overwriting the original to work on it back at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that you'll need to be logged into Illustrator as your personal account in order to make sure that they're sync'ing to the same account.

I'm a fan of having multiple versions of newer work.

It's one extra click, but when you're done saving the file locally at school, just send it to yourself (or your CC account through a browser window) - - this is probably wiser than using your personal account on a school/public computer, then forgetting to log out once class is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, that seems like the only way to work around this issue at present.

As I said, I can confirm that I was logged into my account via the desktop app and also via Illustrator and could navigate through my cloud documents in Illustrator itself. However when attempting to open the cloud document I was met with the above error.

Also, I'm sorry I wasn't clear about this... I am an IT technician at the school, when I said 'my school' I meant the school that I work at. I'm trying to demonstrate the potential of deploying CC across our network and have run into this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get in touch with the education team support.
We have it deployed at our school, tied to students' scholastic accounts so they can access their CC assets from cloud in any classroom, or at home.
I'm not sure how it's deployed, but it is managed from our school's IT department.
DM me if you can't find someone in the Edu Team that can help you. They might be able to send you a deployment proposal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines