Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Cloud Service to be installed - local only installation

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I cannot/don't want/don't need to install cloud services on one PC and I'd like to have a local only installation (whereas on the other PC I wanto to keep the standard cloud based installation).

Provided that CC can check for my subscription whenever it is necessary via web, I'd like not to install (or selectively uninstall) cloud services. I don't want just to stop or pause synch, I do not want the service to be installed (security policy and issues).

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

LGGG, I am sorry, but as Nancy mentioned, there is no way to uninstall or disable the associated services with a Creative Cloud Individual membership.  If you are attempting to use Creative Cloud on behalf of an organization, then an individual membership is probably not the correct choice.  Individual memberships are designed for individual users who have unrestricted access to the computer and its network.

I would recommend your organization look at evaluating a Creative Cloud for Team or En

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LGGG, I am very sorry, but I do not understand your current questions. What Adobe applications or services are you using?  Can you clarify what you mean by a cloud-based installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, my question was general but I'm mostly referring to Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop.

I want to have those apps installed on two PCs:

1- with the cloud service (standard installation)

2 - without cloud service: I know I can pause synch, but I don't want the service to be installed at all (compliance with security policies)

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LGGG,

You must have the Creative Cloud desktop app and Internet access to download, install and verify your subscription status.  Once installed, you can use your CC desktop apps without Internet access for approx 30 days for most plans.   But online access is necessary for software updates, Adobe Fonts, Libraries, Cloud storage, Spark, Portfolio, etc...

See the system requirements below.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

as I said in the initial post, install the CC desktop app and let it access the internet to check subscription is ok but I do not want to install the cloud service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all or nothing, I'm afraid.  You can't have Creative Cloud without Creative Cloud service.  Whether or not you activate sync or use cloud storage and other services is entirely up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Nancy,

I am afraid you're right there's no straight way to do it, but maybe there's a way to uninstall the service manually after installation.

Cloud Services unfortunately sometimes are not allowed for security policies/concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a product user, I wouldn't do it because I don't know what can and cannot be removed safely.  For better answers, contact Adobe technical support via online chat or by phone M-F during normal business hour.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LGGG, I am sorry, but as Nancy mentioned, there is no way to uninstall or disable the associated services with a Creative Cloud Individual membership.  If you are attempting to use Creative Cloud on behalf of an organization, then an individual membership is probably not the correct choice.  Individual memberships are designed for individual users who have unrestricted access to the computer and its network.

I would recommend your organization look at evaluating a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership.  Both memberships offer far greater control for meeting security policies.  For more information, see https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, thank you.

In principle, I understand your comment but you are not considering the case of private usage of CC app in free time on the same computer you also use for work. However I understand this is a very specific need and there are different solutions ... or programs.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines