• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCLibrary" is damaged and can not opened.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

I just updated to the latest macOS Ventura 13.0. Suddenly am getting a pop-up " CClibrary is damaged and can't be opened". It was not happening before the update. Is it a MacOS bug?

Although, PS, LR are working fine.

Please let me know if someone else got similar issues.

Device: Macbook Air M2, 2022

Thanks

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

@JRRGibbs, thanks for trying the steps. Could you please try uninstalling the libraries panel manually with the steps shared in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe cc is not completely ready for ventura.

see if this fixes your issue https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/background-processes-macos.html

if not, wait for a cc update to remedy the many problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-ventura-compatability-common-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ADITYA24500830h97i 

Could you please tell us when exactly you are getting this error? Is it possible if you can share the screenshot of the error message? Please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps:-

1. Close any open Adobe apps that use Libraries.
  2. Open the Creative Cloud desktop app. (Select the icon in your Windows taskbar or the macOS menu bar.)
  3. Use the following keyboard shortcuts: macOS: Command+Option+R. ...
  4. Relaunch the Creative Cloud app in which you received the Libraries error.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem. "cclibrary" is damaged and can't be opened. 

Some of my files will open and others i get "Can't open the illustration. The file is locked or in use. ID: -54"Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 10.52.50 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-28 at 10.50.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @George25066647gaok,

Could you please check this community link, try the steps mentioned in it, and let us know if that helps? Here is the link:- https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/error-54-in-illustrator-cc-2017/m-p/9200529

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having the same error although mine is to do with the cclibrary.app as well as my wacom tablet. I have unistalled the CC desktop app and reinstalled it and still comes up with the same error. I can access all the apps (photoshop, LR etc) but have this annoying window pop up all the time... do you know when the next up date is going to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JRRGibbs ,

Could you please try the steps mentioned in this article and let me know if that helps:- https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/background-processes-macos.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

did you ever get this resolved? I just updated to Ventura and im getting the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kellansworld, Have you tried the steps mentioned in the article shared above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, @JRRGibbs @ADITYA24500830h97i @Kellansworld @George25066647gaok,

Could you please try manually opening the Libraries process from the location via right-click and agree to the security warning to check if that makes any difference?

• Mac
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/CCLibrary.app 
  • Windows
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\CCLibrary.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tarun, tried that but I get this error (see screen shot). I did de-activated the login CC cloud option under the settings on my Mac and turned it back on and the error message seems to have stopped. however, the library app isn't responding...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JRRGibbs, thanks for trying the steps. Could you please try uninstalling the libraries panel manually with the steps shared in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually opening it also gave me the same error message. Will be trying these steps now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Tarun Saini, here is what I tried doing. I uninstalled the CCLibrary through the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Then, I downloaded the new CCLibrary from the link you sent, and when I tried to open it, a pop-up comes up saying "Installer is corrupt. Please re-download the installer and try again." (I have added a screenshot of this pop-up). I even tried opening it from "Show Package Contents" and installing it from the Terminal, but the same pop-up came up.

Please help. Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 8.26.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mya29630658mf77 

do you mean, cc desktop app instead of cc library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. No, I mean the CCLibrary.dmg. I am having the same problem as the original poster where a pop-up comes up saying that CCLibrary is damaged and can not be opened. The pop-up comes up right as I turn on my computer, and will persist endlessly when I open something like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @JRRGibbs,

I hope you're doing well. Have you tried the steps I have shared with you? Just curious to know how things are going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the steps for the creative cloud cleaner seemed to work! I will continue to monitor and see if the error message pops up again at some point. thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kellansworld, thanks for your response. Feel free to reach out to us if when you see this issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me! the CCLibrary was being blocked in Privacy & Security in Settings. There you will find an alert from Ventura to give access to the CCLibrary to files in your computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Privacy & Security in Settings solved it for me. Somehow was being blocked as being downloaded online from an unidentified developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Privacy & Security in Settings solved it for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@phil5F8C 

what exact steps did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the resolution for the Security&Privacy issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/error-54-in-illustrator-cc-2017/m-p/9200529

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines