• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" causing 100% CPU load and max fan speed in 16" MacBook Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to MacOS Big Sur, I've encountered an issue when starting up my computer that the CPU load is at 100% and the fans are running at maximum speed. The Activity Monitor shows that the culprit are two Adobe CC-related processes, something called CCXProcess and CCLibrary. The only way to stop this is to Force Quit the processes otherwise the CPU load and overheating will continue as long as my laptop is on.

Is this a known issue and is there any fix yet?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi Leo,

CCXProcess team has released the update with a fix. It should be CCXProcess 4.1.3 - you can check the version in CCD -> Help -> About Creative Cloud.
Please, let us know if you got an update and if the problem is gone!

Thank you!
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

So I wanted to offer a little update on my situtaion:

I have identified the exact culprit in my specific case. I understand that a lot of the responses to this thread are not describing the exact same situation that I'm in.

The problem in my case was caused by AdGuard. AdGuard is an app that blocks ads and trackers and malware across your entire Mac. A couple months ago, I uninstalled it because I was planning on cancelling my subscription to it. It was around this time that I noticed I was no lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

I have informed adguard developer team about this issue. They are trying to fix this issue.

You can use this link about the issue:

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-big-sur.42484/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Creative Cloud and reinstalled with the latest version of CCXProcess (4.2) and the issue is still present. 100% CPU usage from CCXProcess and fully-revving fans.

This issue has not been fixed, despite the claims above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, sorry you still see excessive use of the resources of the computer. For your next steps, please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the logs are uploaded, then begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that your specific circumstances can be evaluated and corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the sample, we are looking into it. Will keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, this problem has not fixed yet. CCXProcess always uses 100% of cpu on idle. Keep it primary and please fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it hits this next time, could you please take a sample of the Process in Activity Monitor and send it to me?

Thank you,

Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this issue going to be resolved?

It is seriously inhibiting my job. Premiere Pro is taking up all of my CPU and crashes constantly. The media encoder is doing the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering for what we pay so much money the whole year to Adobe. We need the apps the get our work done and Adobe doesen't give a s**** what customers say. The only thing that they do, is to bring more and more feature that make the apps more and more unstable instead of making the apps stable and bugfree...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User 
This thread is addressing the problem caused by CCLibrary and CCXProcess. Our teams worked on the problem and delivered a fix as soon as possible. 
If you are still seeing the problem on CCLibrary or CCXProcess, please let us know.
If the problem you are seeing is different, could you please open another thread on the forum in the right section?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still present, everytime I start my macbook pro 15' 2018, I must close CCXProcess as it takes 99,8-100% of CPU usage. My machine heats, of course. All is up to date. No issues have been fixed for everyone since december apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delet it form Aplications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience  and restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am sorry you are seeing this problem.
This thread covers only CCLibrary and CCXProcess high CPU usage, you would need to open another thread for PPRO problem in the right section of the forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/bd-p/premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

I am sure if you report it there, someone will be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still have the same issue with the CCXProcess on Macbook pro 16" MacOS Big Sur. The MacOS and all the apps I have updated. CCXProcess 4.2.8.1
After every start of the computer I have to force quit CCXProcess, otherwise it goes up to 100% CPU usage, drains battery, even over 20% in like 5-10 min, and makes computer hot, with fans going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very same problem on my Macbook pro 13" 2018 running Mac OS Big Sur. However, I do NOT have this issue on my Mac mini with the Apple M1 chip and also running Big Sur!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. On every reboot CCXProcess takes 100% CPU on MacBook Pro 13 2020 running Big Sur with updated Creative Cloud. CCXProcess version 4.3.0.32

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem not the CCXProcess but the CCLibrary.....its draining the battery in a couple of hours and makes my Macbook pro heat up with the fans constanly on!!!!!!!

Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's not only CCXProcess, but also the Creative Cloud Helper. Big Sur 11.0.1 on 2019 iMac with 6-Core Intel. Nothing else special running in the screenshot below.

Please take your users serious, this has been going on for too long. Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-23 um 13.36.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.49.03 PM.png

 same problem - CC will not sign in 

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.52.42 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wanted to offer a little update on my situtaion:

I have identified the exact culprit in my specific case. I understand that a lot of the responses to this thread are not describing the exact same situation that I'm in.

The problem in my case was caused by AdGuard. AdGuard is an app that blocks ads and trackers and malware across your entire Mac. A couple months ago, I uninstalled it because I was planning on cancelling my subscription to it. It was around this time that I noticed I was no longer having the high CPU usage issue with Adobe. I didn't think the two were connected. I just accepted that an Adobe update had solved my CPU usage problem and that was it. Yesterday I noticed that I had forgotten to cancel my subscription to AdGuard and it renewed automatically, so I figured I should reinstall it and just use it for the year. As soon as I reinstalled it, the Adobe high-CPU usage problem was back. I started my computer up today and CPU usage was at 100% from Adobe processes and the fans were at max RPM. And that's when I realized the only explanation was re-installing AdGuard. Sure enough, I quit AdGuard and the CPU usage tanked and the fans slowed down and the problem hasn't recurred all day. There is something about AdGuard and its interaction with Adobe's background processes that causes the problem for me.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but if you have AdGuard installed, uninstall it and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have informed adguard developer team about this issue. They are trying to fix this issue.

You can use this link about the issue:

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-causes-creative-cloud-services-running-100-cpu-b...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very same issue with CCX Process 4.4.4.1 taking up 100% CPU with fans going crazy on Mac Big Sur 11.3.1. I'm not running AdGuard or Avast, but Sophos Home. Seems more of a problem with CCX Process than all these other security/malware software solutions - I mean, we can contact these companies about it sure, but can all of them really be at fault here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say that I cannot disable Sophos Home as a solution to this, as we're required to run it in order to be able to access our company VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Adobe cleaning tool to remove Creative Cloud and reinstalling it fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have the same problem, not always but often when starting the computer, the fans are blowing constantly and when I look into the activity monitor, CCXProcess.app is running at 100% CPU usage. Im running Adobe Creative Cloud version 5.4.3.544 on Big Sur 11.3, please help. I already used the log collector to upload a log of this issue. 

Best, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was using Avast Security to protect my mac, but since I read about AdGuard, I deactivated Avast and from that moment on CCLibrary stopped using 100% of the CPU, it seems Avast has the same issue as AdGuard has with Adobe CC.

Best, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So glad I found your post on Avast. I just deactivated it and the fans died down almost immediately, no more high CCLibrary CPU usage! I hope this solves the problem for good.

Best, Fabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines