• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same "CC Sync Folder" for different users in same computer

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook with 2 different users. We both use the same creative cloud account, but we have 2 different sync folders in the same computer! For example: mac/users/user1 and mac/users/user2.

I tried to move the sync folder to "mac/users/shared" in order to get the same folder for both users, but sometimes work and sometimes fails.

Please solve it! I don't want to have 2 different folders with 80gb each, if i can have only 1 folder for both users!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. two users can't (legally) use the same cc account (unless you have a team or enterprise subscription).

2. these are user-to-user forums.  if you want to contact adobe:

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Creative Cloud that way.  Only one user ID per account (seat) allowed.  Sharing one account (seat) between two users is not allowed under the terms of your agreement with Adobe.

If you're sharing your device between two separate user accounts, you must each have your own Creative Cloud Files folder so that syncing mishaps don't occur.

If you're on a TEAMS plan, contact your IT dept about setting up a shared network drive that you can both access.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @kglad & @Nancy OShea for all the legal support. I have 2 "User Accounts" in MY laptop because i just want to use it in that way. One "User Account" for personal stuff and another "User Account" for work.

"2 different users" means "2 different user accounts" but I'M the user. 

Thanks anyway for your time and advices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have two different subscriptions (ie, two adobe ids), when you want to change sync folders, you can sign out of the cc desktop app and then sign in with the other account.  (each subscription/adobe id can be used to designate a unique cc sync folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Insiva5C82,

Creative Cloud creates a unique Creative Cloud folder based off the Adobe ID/email address you use rather than the user account you log into the computer with, so unfortunately this is not possible.

You may want to create a Work files and Personal files folders within Creative Cloud folder instead.

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines