• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selectively sync files for Creative Cloud, not all the cloud

Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic from 2014 and some others but couldn't find something more recent about this. People have been asking for this, for years!

How can I just sync some folders and not all of the stuff, filling the MacBook hard drive? We are a team of two working remotely, so we need CC to collaborate and have always the latest versions so we can work on them seamlessly.

We have 1 TB of space in our license, but our Macbooks have only 250 GB and 500 GB space. We need to sync 2021 files to our macbooks, and not everything we store in CC inside https://assets.adobe.com/files.

How is it possible that Dropbox has had this feature for years, and also OneDrive and other cloud apps? Does Adobe not know that there are plenty of people with 128 GB, 250 GB and 1 TB disks that need to sync their files to a Cloud and can't? I'm I supposed to drag an external drive to achieve this?

How can we send this query to Adobe and get them to do something more than "Oh, it's interesting, we can maybe look at it" and then forget for years and block the topic?

Please, Adobe, you can do better and we're all rooting for remote working now, we need this!

Thanks

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like a better explanation of why the different parts of cc storage act so differently and are seemingly unrelated, or minimally related to each other. 

By @kglad

I did work with a “small” company of about 1000 employees worldwide. None of the different product groups knew much about what the other was working on and the solutions they provided.

When you look at Photoshop and Illustrator and InDesign, you find similar concepts, but different approaches. Occasionally, the different groups seem to talk to each other because they need to get a coherent approach. This is more or less the case with the Creative Cloud Libraries, where you can access the libraries from one tool quite the same way as the other. And current improvements in InDesign/Illustrator interoperability are heading in the correct direction.

The Acrobat team looks here a bit detached. The Acrobat customers are not necessarily creatives. That may be a reason for the divergent approach. I hope that the Document Cloud and the Creative Cloud get more integrated, but for the moment they are not, and I found this confusing. I'm not too savvy with FrameMaker and the Technical Suite, so I do not know how they integrate in this universe. But their market target appears to be different.

For all what this is, I'm speculating here. I learned about the interconnections by looking at my used cloud space. It's logic that Creative Cloud and Document Cloud are sharing common ground. Lightroom is specific, as you have a tool (Lightroom) to access the data, and to assure consistency it is OK, that there is no direct path to the files.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm only familiar with captivate from the tech suite and it looks similar to all other adobe apps, but like every adobe app things (like the timeline) work much differently from apps (like animate) that i know well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines