• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tell me why all CC programs are available with the exception of 2020/2021

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop 2020 to do a clean reinstall... now I have no more Photoshop because my old Mac Pro cannot level up its OSX, and Adobe no longer allows CC to install 2020/2021 programs? You mean to tell me no where at Adobe head quarters is an instll file for Photoshop 2020?!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At ProDesignTools, Photoshop 2020 is not available. This is confirmed by direct email with PDT in the last few days (August 2023). All links on PDT for anything CC 2020 leads to the Adobe site where CC 2020 files are no longer posted/available. I am a paying customer of over 27 years. There should be a warning on the CC app saying if you are Un-installing an app, re-install is impossible. They only ask if you want to keep your settings. Why would I want to keep my settings if I can no longer use/install the program. I've explored websites in Rekjyavik that have the file, but it's just too dicey a prospect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Armadillo77 

yes, that's explained.  ie, read more carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Armadillo77,

This has been the policy for sometime now that Adobe supports only the latest and the one prior version of the CC apps.  This was discussed a lot on these forums when this decision was made by Adobe, I suppose an email to this regard was also sent to the Creative Cloud subscribers. You can read about it at the following

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html

In addition to this Adobe has stopped sharing public download links since version 2020 and that is the reason the installers are not available on ProdesignTools. The thing that worked till sometime back was that one could contact Adobe support and ask for the installers for versions 2020 and later and they would provide the download link if they had one but the feedback off late from the users is that Adobe support is no longer providing installers for 2020.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines