• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Sync With Error Code 184

Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started to get the "Unable to sync. Install sync component and try again" message from the CC desktop app on my Win 10 laptop. It also shows "error code 184". When I click "Retry" it attempts to install something but that shows the same message.

This started right after I installed Photoshop on my Win 10 desktop PC. I do NOT get these messages from the CC desktop app on my Desktop PC.

How do I fix this?

2021-04-18 18_01_14-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a locked file (probably open in some program) that's unable to sync.

generally, if it's not obvious what's causing the problem (and how to solve the problem), restarting your computer is the quickest fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the identical issue with no resolution with suggestions given. Any idea how to locate the locked file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

if restarting fails, suspend av, antimalware and other programs that oversee the files on your computer.

if that fails, you can use task manager (win) or activity monitor (mac) to terminate, at least, temporarily unneeded processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 15 months since this problem started and it still exists! The laptop that has this problem is not my main PC and it doesn't get used often. I recently wanted to install my Photoshop Elements 2022 on the laptop. The Elements install failed at the 90% point with an Error Code 184. I retried the install and got an Error code 183.

Error codes.png

I used the Windows Control Panel to uninstall ALL of my Adobe programs -- Acrobat Pro DC, Photoshop v23.4.1, Photoshop Elements 2020, and Creative Cloud desktop app. I did a system restart between each uninstall.

Next, I used the Creative Cloud Cleaner app to clean up any leftover pieces - there were a few. I ran the CC Cleaner again and it showed zero Adobe apps on the laptop.

After another restart, I installed the Creative Cloud desktop app. At this point, the Creative Cloud desktop app is the ONLY Adobe app installed on the laptop. I opened Creative Cloud and logged in to my account. I could tell that the little "cloud" icon in the upper-right corner was busy with something, so I waited. After a few minutes, the damn Error Code 184 pops up again. A retry gets the same exact result!

2022-07-07 01_58_13-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

How do I find this damn locked file that seems to be causing this problem? Will the Log Collector show this locked file? I could use some help, Please!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why are you installing the cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, so that I can access my Adobe subscriptions and assets.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may need a different pse elements install file.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, I've tried the PSE 2022 download/install via my Adobe account page and I also have the complete 3.6 GB install package downloaded from ProDesignTools. Both get the same exact result - Error Code 184. I have installed other versions of PSE downloaded from ProDesignTools - they are legit.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, I did. They connected remotely and did what I had already done: a "clean install" that removed ALL adobe progs and reinstalled them. It did not work to clear the locked file causing the problem.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does adobe support know that their attempted fix failed, and if so, what are they saying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, Yes, the agent that was remotely connected knew that it failed. At this point, I was very frustrated and disconnected before I got an answer for the failure.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the most likely fix (but also the most labor) is to backup needed info on the problematic computer, reformat your hard drive, reinstall your os, update your os, install pse and then install the cc desktop app.

restarting your computer between each step maximizes your chances of success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, You may be correct, but I'm not ready to do that yet. This laptop is only a standby for my desktop PC. I only start it up about twice a month to keep the battery charged and to let Windows and other software get updated. I'll keep looking for a solution to this problem.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, FYI, my laptop is not a cheap model. It's a pretty darn good PC. Here are the specs:

• Manufacturer: ASUS
  • Model: ROG GL553VE
  • CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ
  • Memory: 32 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series F4-2666C18D-32GRS
  • C Drive: Samsung 500GB 970 EVO SSD - M.2 NVMe
  • D Drive: Seagate 1 TB HDD ST1000LM035-1RK172
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Display: 15.6" (16:9) LED backlit FHD

I upgraded the OS, memory, and SSD after I bought it from Costco in 2018.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not a hardware issue.  it's a software problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad, FYI, I finally found the solution to this ongoing problem on my laptop.

I used the Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall and remove the Creative Cloud software. After the uninstall, I rebooted and ran the install for Photoshop Elements 2022. During the install, I noticed that the first icon to appear on my desktop was the Creative Cloud icon. The install was successful. I also installed Photoshop 2022 and Acrobat Pro DC by using the Creative Cloud desktop app. All is well now and NO MORE "Unable To Sync" messages.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines