• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating global styles in Adobe Portfolio doesn't change anything

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Thomas theme and I'm having an issue where if I try updating global styles for the heading font nothing changes.

Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.25.38 PM.png

Notice that I've made sure that the text alignment for the headers are centered, but as you can see the header text is clearly aligned left. I've tried switching back and forth between the global setting for the header, but it has no effect. If I try adjusting the header settings on the page itself, all it does is shift the alignment of the entire header block within the page as opposed to changing the text alignment of the text within the header block. Even if it did what I wanted, I wouldn't want to go through and make that change to each and every page.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have no trouble doing this.  If you do, try using a different browser. 

Global Page Styles

Page Header

Page Title

Align: Center. 

Publish Site and refresh browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used different browsers. Same results. Nothing happens. I have to edit each text container individually. 

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global Styles are in your editing console. To see chenges to your site, publish your work online and refresh your browser.  Don't overcomplicate this.  Portfolio is a simple online site builder.   

image.png
RELATED LINKS:
- FAQ & Knowledgebase  - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/
- Contact Portfolio Support for technical help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168
- Adobe UserVoice for feedback & bug reports - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy, 

Thanks for responding to my request. 

I have to say that I feel a bit invalidated when you say: ''Don't overcomplicate this.  Portfolio is a simple online site builder.''

In fact, I find that of all Adobe products, Portfolio is the one with the most incoherent and inconsistent structure or visual hierarchy. It's not user-friendly.

But that's beside the point, if it can help other members of the community, in order to have global page styles be applied you have to first select the text in each text block and remove the formatting manually for each of them. Only then you will be able to apply the global page style!  

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I mean by overcomplicated.  The Theme you started with has a global stylesheet applied.  It works just fine on it's own.   Problems ensue when people try to micro-manage it by needlessly adding custom styled text boxes everywhere and then wonder why it doesn't work as expected.   As with most software, the more you use it, the easier it gets. 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to customize "global styles"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paolop60605815 

if you select a new theme, it will have a different global style.  otherwise, you're on your own tweaking your own html pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Customizations can be applied as follows:

• Site-Wide: customizations that will appear on every page
  • This Page/This Collection: customizations will be applied to the page you are on 
  • All Pages/All Collections: customizations will be applied to all pages/all Collections

See this help article for more details:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036990273-Overview-of-customizations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines