• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I upload mp3 and mp4 files to the Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can upload media files is to either change the extention or to zip them. Why can't I upload these files without this work around?

WMT

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum for assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no restrictions with file type upload to the CC Assets site at https://assets.adobe.com/files. Are you uploading from the website, using file sync, or something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using both the Assets window and the Sync option (from my HD). For years I have been trying and it will only accept files like jpg, mts, psd, etc. But mp3 and mp4 will NOT upload.

If I use the Drop file, it acts like it uploads it, then the folder shows empty. If I use the Sync option from my disk, it will either sync forever without doing anything, or it will give me an error message - something about not being able to upload this file.

If I change the file extention to .XXX, it will upload - the very same file! Now, try to convince me that mp3 and mp4 haven't been blocked. =D

WMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I was finally able to upload a MP3 file using the sync option. However, when I try to sync any MP4 file, I get "Cannot sync this file".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Finally it is sort of working. When I try to upload MP4, the cloud gives me an error message: Creative Cloud Cannot Sync XXXXXXXX.mp4. Then it procedes to upload it.

A few weeks ago, no matter how long I waited it would not upload MP3 or MP4. Now it does, but with the annoying error message.

Thanks for looking.

WMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines