• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does verifying app take SOOOOO long?

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For every Creative Cloud app I open, there is a tiny window that opens saying "Verifying Name.app" with the app's name filled in and a little progress bar underneath. Sometimes, it gets stuck and never completes verification. Other times, it might take 5 minutes or longer. It appears there are some macOS problems with Catalina versions and app verification, but really, why does it take so long and why does the app appear to have to be re-verified every time it's opened? I'm using macOS 15.15.7. Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Motiger1, the dialog you are referring to is part Gatekeeper which is a component of macOS.  You can find more information on how to adjust the settings for this feature at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491.

I would recommend reviewing the settings for any installed software firewalls that could be delaying the Gatekeeper process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines