• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location -error when trying to save as to Creative cloud

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a day ago day ago I started getting this error "C:\users\userName\Creative Cloud Files

You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location" As an administrator for access. I have tried the most common fixes that I could find on google, without any success. That includes:

• Taking ownership of folders: C harddrive, "Creative cloud files", "userName" folder, "desktop"
  • Changeing permissions of several programs folders giving full permission to all users.
  • Running the repair of creative cloud.
  • Disabling anti-virus program
  • Giving firewall acess to adobe programs.

The issue seemed to stop when I unplugged the internet-cable. I was then able to save as to the same directory that was causing problems.

Windows 10 recently updated and I began to experience this after the update. I am running Windows 10: Build 1803: version 17134.48.

This is very frustrating.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi,

We have released the fix for the issue. It should have been updated automatically on your system. In case the core sync has not updated to version "3.0.3.6" on your machine then please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Creative Cloud Application

2. Sign out from Creative Cloud Application.

3. Sign in again with same or different credentials.

4. Wait for few minutes.

5. Creative Cloud will automatically update itself to latest version.

Kindly let me know if you are still facing any issue aft

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm at 3.0.3.6. I'll see if sync works properly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine updated, gave the all files up to date message, then started updating again. As near as I can tell, it fixed this one of the problems I was having, which I assumed were related, but it's again taking up way more space than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Thank you for the fix and the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to open the file from "..\Documents\Movies" instead of "Creative Cloud Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines