Highlighted

eReader not authorized to open this book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a book from my public library I can open it in digital editions 4.5 but when I transfer it to my device (kobo) and try to open it on the kobo it says "This book is protected by DRM. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions." I tried erasing authorization and setting git up again but it still won't work. Erased and downloaded a new edition of ADE, that didn't work either. Tried different books and libraries but still have problem. Called kobo and after troubleshooting with them they say it as ADE problem. Please please please help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

eReader not authorized to open this book

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a book from my public library I can open it in digital editions 4.5 but when I transfer it to my device (kobo) and try to open it on the kobo it says "This book is protected by DRM. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to re-import the book using Adobe Digital Editions." I tried erasing authorization and setting git up again but it still won't work. Erased and downloaded a new edition of ADE, that didn't work either. Tried different books and libraries but still have problem. Called kobo and after troubleshooting with them they say it as ADE problem. Please please please help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2017 6
131 Replies 131
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I have tried solutions offered online but nothing works. Please HELP ME TOO!

It worked perfectly before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 5
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeSupport​ if the community cannot answer this problem, will you help solve it? I cannot use my Kobo device in the way I bought it for without this problem being solved. Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2017 3
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I've erased my computer authorization for ADE, re-installed ADE, reset my kobo. Nothing is working. It is becoming very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, very frustrating! Also tried erasing computer's authorization but that didn't work either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved my issue! I tried all the same things as you, spoke to Kobo for ages and nothing there helped, and tried reauthorizing my kobo, redownloading adobe digital editions etc but no luck anywhere.  Finally I erased my computer's authorization... this does mean I lost all access to the current library books in my library, but I then authorized it (with overdrive as my new ID) and every book I've downloaded since I've had no problem with reading. Hope this helps you too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cuppaT, unfortunately this didn't solve my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this . I now can get my library books after a long fight.

LD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try this but I don't understand what "using an Overdrive ID" is? I had Overdrive years ago but my newest Kobo doesn't let me download apps so I haven't used it in years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "with overdrive as my new ID" mean?

I tried all the methods listed in this thread with no luck. I've given up on Kobo and am reading library books using Libby (an Overdrive app) on my iPad mini. Most disappointing!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea. I just use my library overdrive/Libby app --
Wyatt Graham
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until last week I had no problems transferring a library book from digital editions on my computer to my Nook simple touch ereader.  I've been doing this for about 5 years.  Last week when I transferred a book to my ereader the book showed up in the Nook Library but when I went to open it I got a security token not found error message.  I reauthorized the Nook and verified it matches what is in ADE.  But it still won't open.  The book does open on my computer.  Any ideas on what I can do?? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. After speaking with ADE ppl who said my account was in order and there was nothing else they could do (they were nice about it) I ended up chatting with Kobo and again and they said to try to use ADE 3.0 instead of 4.5 because it works better with Kobo for some reason. Once I downloaded that one, I erased authorization for my kobo and computer one more time and reauthorized and then it WORKED! Hope this helps someone else! ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 11
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is working for me (so far)!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to ADE 3.0 instead of using 4.5 worked for me! I'm using KoboGlo 4.18 and Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get a proper link to ADOBE 3.0!! Can anyone help? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Deleting the old Adobe athorization then installing ADE 3.0 worked! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, yeah!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uggggh! I've tried this, as well as the suggestions above, but Adobe 3.0 isnt' compatible with the latest MacOS!  Am I doomed to never read a free library book again???!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer download using ADE. I use Overdrive and my ereader (Kobo) can
download straight from my local library.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use overdrive straight on your kobo? What kind of Kobo do you have? I think mine is a glo. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is a Kobo Aura. First you must be connected to the internet. On my
home page bottom left It says "Borrow books from your public library" and
OVERDRIVE in a smaller font under it. Click on that and it takes you to
your library's collection. Click on a book and it is downloaded directly to
your kobo.

Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked. Here is where you can find the DL link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/ade-3-0-weblink-broken/td-p/9688215?page=1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! After installing ADE 3.0, deauthorizing my computer, then reauthorization my computer, it finally works. Praise be!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe sees this and fixes the next version to support Kobo. Will they?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it must be a Adobe version problem. I wonder if they see these
comments? Lots of people use Kobo. And Version 4.5 does not support it.

--
Wyatt Graham
Hamilton, ON, Canada

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been this way for quite awhile. It's a pain in that my system
automatically updates 3.0 to 4.5 so I continually have to uninstall 4.5 and
re-install 3.0 before I can download a book.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's annoying. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt they will see it or care if they do. I reached out directly to them and was given one thing to try. It didn't work and then they said it was a Kobo issue. I told them that I really didn't think it was because I could download old versions and get it working for a little while. So then they said go to the community board and see if anybody else has figured it out. Really didn't show any concern that it wasn't working.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0