• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension 4.0 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!  Adobe Dimension 4.0 is now available for download from Creative Cloud!

Adobe Dimension 4.0 is being updated to incorporate some of the same underlying code components as Adobe Substance 3D Stager, particularly in areas like rendering, lighting, and material handling. This update puts Dimension on a more modern and maintainable codebase, ensuring the application is more stable and secure for users. Consequently, users will see some changes in the software – most notably in rendering capabilities and material workflow, as well as minor functionality and quality improvements throughout the application.

Here is an FAQ with more details on the changes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/whats-new.html

The Adobe Dimension and Substance 3D Stager comparison FAQ page has also been updated:
https://www.substance3d.com/dimension-stager-faq/

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive
TOPICS
Download and install , Feature request , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 175 Replies 175
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One word, Robust update 

I just installed the beta 4.0 what a great experience, I'm so amazed with all the material included, I have been on the prerelease version for a couple of weeks and wondered about the materials, will they stay once beta is over. Next step for Adobe is to add few changes to Adobe Illustrator to be able to put out .obj objects in order to use with this great update to Dn. For an example if I want to creat a wrinkled plastic bag, the best tool in the Mesh tool in Illustrator but you can Not export an obj from illustrator that has a mesh applied to it. BTW, Dn 4.0 has a link to 12 tutorials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step for Adobe is to add few changes to Adobe Illustrator to be able to put out .obj objects in order to use with this great update to Dn.

By @Yasir777

Great idea, Yasir, but the Illustrator team won't see it in the Dimension forum. You can make a feature request to the Illustrator developers here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests  

Use this format to enter a new feature request:
Please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a dialogue with Adobe Illustrator tech support about 19 months ago regarding this issue. It’s puzzling that you can create an object with the Mesh tool, like a plastic bread bag with added wrinkles, but can’t export it as an OBJ file for finishing in Adobe Dimension. Given the recent improvements in Dimension, this limitation is even more frustrating. Interestingly, Photoshop version 22.2, the last version with full 3-D tools, allows this functionality, so I keep an old copy handy. I’ll be addressing this issue again with Adobe, especially now that Dimension is loaded with so many new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yasir

Yes, you can talk to Tech Support, but also note they are not the same people as the Illustrator developers. If you want to put in a feature request for Illustrator then you need to use UserVoice. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yasir, you can export obj from illustrator to Dimension in a easy way. File > Export Selection > then choose in the export settings (png, jpeg etc) OBJ. But to do this you have to transform the shape into a 3D level with the fuction 3D e materials and then the first option. 

is tha that clear? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry,, I just saw this, No you cant export from illustrator with an object that has a mesh or a gradient  applied to it, Illustrator would not export that as 3-D. This function was opssible in Photoshop 2023, it was the last fully functioning 3D. I think it was missed when 3D and Materials was introduced to Iluustrator. Tech team needs to look into, it has been mentioned 18 months ago, I reported it, but nothing happened so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update removed key features that my design team uses daily and has halted our workflow. We are downgrading to the previous version but I am wondering if we will ever get these features back? We had 100s of models that were mapped for Dimension and this new update has removed all the UV maps. It also removed all of the layers with hidden 3D objects in them that we would turn on or off depending on the customers preference. Any advice would be helpful. Are these features that are found in Substance 3D now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@forresth32732180 If you can please email me directly - jmathews@adobe.com

Our intention was to preserve all of your data and it's unexpected that UVs or visibility would be affected.  This may be a bug we can resolve quickly but we will need more details and ideally some test files.

Happy to jump onto a video call and talk through the experience.  I am the product manager for the Dimension team and can work directly with the engineers to get the issue prioritized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you downloaded the beta version and not the prerelease version they both have 4.0.2  but different build.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from the Creative Cloud window! I have never had a Beta version of Dimension installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me understand, , you are referring to the gizmo. If you have it selected  and the transform tab next to  Object and Material is selected, then the properties on the right will be displayed?
in the meantime here is the full Dn guide published July 26, 2024

https://helpx.adobe.com/dimension/user-guide.html

i agree with you about the rendering page, you can't go back, you have to save and open same document again. Yes this needs to be addressed, while we are on Rendering I would like to be able to get an alert thrigh text or email, that it's complete..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2024 Oct 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree with you about the rendering page, you can't go back, you have to save and open same document again

this is make me crazy every time, I'm not alone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been destroyed by this. None of my old models are remotely workable. And now I can't set a canvas to the same resolution as the old models. For some reason I can create canvas in CM or MM, but not pixels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, where the other thread went, where I already had posted.....

Great, that Dimensions has been updated! I was afraid, it was already "dead".

Anyway.....GPU raytracing is very fast now on my RTX 3060/12GB VRAM.

Is Dimensions actually using nvidia´s RT (raytracing) cores?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some bugs with GPU raytracing detection on both Stager and Dimension, but they are now using the same code for GPU detection and raytracing.  It should be supported on most RTX cards.  There are active issues with RTX Quadro serires not being able to propertly detect and utilize GPU raytracing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bunch of the shapes are gone from this new version e.g pipe shape (something I use a lot). Also when I open an old file the original window size changes, and also a bunch of cameras appear - cameras that I didn't set... also the models themselves made up of multiple shapes are no longer aligned, which means I have to go back in and realign all of the models... this new version which maybe more stable and have more functions, is not compatible with my existing files. So have had to uninstall and reinstalled the older version... disapainting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve!

The camera system changed so any previous camera bookmarks will be updated to camera objects.  You can delete them if you do not need them.

If you have an example file where your models have shifted position and you have to manually realign them, we can take a look at that.  Please email a link to download your file directly to me at jmathews@adobe.com and I can work with our QA and engineering team to triage the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just started a new project and so when I updates to the new version, I though I could just carry on... But when I opened the file a lot of the shapes had moved from their original position and alignment. So have to revert back to the older version, to continue the project. Attached old version (aligned) new version (not). original file link attached - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ywn8x3esxkzvrzh6n3hxw/Robot_Characters.dn?rlkey=756ipho50f4gnuhmxm7p1...

Image1b.jpgImage2b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there particular shapes you are missing aside from the pipe?  We can potentially add some back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that most of the shape have some use, so was surprised when they were removed. I would like them all back.

MissingShapes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had same problem with older files, it messes with the object positions even if they are grouped together it doesnt matter it just messes things up. Here's an image of a new version view and old version render of the same view.

preview.jpg

render.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck, they removed the pipe? That was one of the only ones I used. I mean, just as easy to extrude in illustrator, but damn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I get the old version???? That seems to be my only hope as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it fthe older version from CC - All Apps page under Dn Dimension there are 3 horizontal dots it says more action under other versions

. Are you certain you have to do that, there was another update to the current one 4.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines