Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation from Blender not playing in Aero

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no Aero group, so this is the closest place.  I am creating a fairly simple animation in Blender 2.9 (Mac) and exporting as an FBX.  The animation info is intact, since I loaded the file in Cheetah 3D and animation is in place.  

I am using Aero on iOS 14.4 on iPhone 11 Pro Max.

HOWEVER, I followed the information here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/import-fbx-files-into-aero.html

and here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/add-animated-assets-aero.html

The animation shows up in the screen list, but will not play.

It is a simple animation, no NLA and a single track... but it does not play when I set a trigger.  I am able to create animations successfully from within aero, just not import them.  Is this a limitation, or is there a trick or step I am missing.  Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I sort of gave up on the .fbx import.  Some items were coming in chopped up or just portions were coming in.  Instead I have had more success with .glb (.gltf) exports from Blender 2.9 and latest version of Aero.  The only issue with BOTH formats seems to be the way .png texture maps are applied (incorrectly!)  which I will research separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you able to figure out how to get your material imported? I didn't use any texture maps but I did have add materials to my object and those for some reason don't get exported when I try to import my object into aero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines