• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chameleon material

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! How to create a "chameleon material" in Dimension? Can't find something like fall off map in here. ! !search?biw=2560&bih=1248&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=oAq3XP_oKbqLk74PsZ26-Ak&q=chameleon+material+3DS+MAX&oq=chameleon+material+3DS+MAX&gs_l=img.3...2886.4341..4501...0.0..0.57.392.8......1....1..gws-wiz-img.zj2xcqgHniE#imgdii=5t74QO9DuRVJyM:&imgrc=6OdMJZK0ZlVRIM:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

land lizard... a decal over one of the new math generated materials i.e, gives the cracks

Metal2.png

water lizard... a material with high transparency

metal1.png

they use the same texture which I upscaled (2048X2048) in Photoshop

Screenshot (2459).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I didn't mean that I want to create a chameleon like an animal) I'd like to create a material like this. So when you rotate a light or camera the different color reflections appears. Look at this car as an example.

Image result for chameleon car paint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is a metal effect

imo the colour has nothing to do with light or camera rotation because its internal... you can adjust the map as much as you like but Dimension (at this stage) only takes a still image

metal4.png

different colour map

metal5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the way you arrenged the different colors in a diffuse texture map. How did you do that? It looks nice. Could you show the map?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 download or make your colour image... I just grabbed one off Adobe stock

2 upscale it to 2048 X 2048... not needed but gives the best rendor results

Screenshot (327).png

3 then i used the new metal material and placed my colour map as the base colour + normal (optional)... adjust the offset  and repeat of the base colour map first {ignore the scene preview, as only the rendor preview screen will show correct results}

Screenshot (331).png

if you use a normal map then best rendor results are to set the offset and repeat of this map to be the same as with your base colour map above

you can also have the Dn file = https://adobe.ly/2GtCDeP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines