• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension is freezing on the splash screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimensions will not load past the splash screen (attached screenshot). It used to load and run just fine, but hasn't for the last two updates including todays major update. Any ideas on what i can do to solve the issue? I can provide what ever information needed to diagnose the issue. Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 1.41.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know we're investigating this.  Can you let me know if you're on older Macs?  Seems like it might be all 2010 Mac machines.  If any of you are on newer Macs (can find in the Apple > About this mac... menu) that'd be a great data point for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. Who marked this as answered? Nothings answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who is on Mojave and Mac Pro tower with a metal compatible card? Seems everyone here is on 10.13.6. I wonder if we all have to do the risky jump up a system. If Mojave does not work, then it's apparent that Adobe D is not compatible with any Intel CPU from the Mac Pro line below 2013 vacuum can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another problem from my understanding is it's more about architecture under the new metal requirement with Mojave. Even with a compatible card dimension at this stage, correct me if I'm wrong, is a CPU based renderer, which turns your silicon into a pop tart - hence the crazy load levels people see in activity monitor, and does not use the shiny new GPU card you popped in your machine. The card is an OS thing. Then of course there's the bridge that apple have burned for many of those with Nvidia cards. So yes there's a chance it might work if it likes your cpu chip, but ultimately it's reliant on core processing speed and physical RAM. Which to be honest, I'll take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this reply listed as "correct"? Jeanette, you haven't actually answered the question, you're just asking a new one. So, why does this thread say "answered" and why is the question you ask listed as a "correct" answer? What is happening with this issue?

Is Adobe really ignoring users on older Macs?

The lack of any real response or action is absolutely shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredible... Jeanette... what is happening with this, it is listed as "correct or solved" and absolutely NOTHING happened to this issue, apparently a LOT of us "older" MAC users that 100% MEET the required system specs are being just, left in the cold here. Please address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Снимок экрана 2019-07-31 в 10.43.27.pngСнимок экрана 2019-07-31 в 10.44.58.png

The program does not open. Hangs on the starting window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem!

Please, does Adobe want to solve this problem or bring some light to this issue?

We are many in this complicated situation.

thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 11.55.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem :((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My specs and it's not loading.My specs and it's not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-29 um 11.40.47.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimensions 3.0 and beta version 3.2 freeze on startup. 

GPU Nvidia 980

mac pro 4,1 / 48gb ram / High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it ist processor related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That issue will not be solved by Adobe. Just read the technical specs on the Dimensions product page. For me, this makes very clear that my processor is too old to work with the app. Maybe there will be a propper workaround in the future. btw: On the Microsoft side, there is! 😞

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-16 um 16.04.59.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hope there will be some work around.  Mac Pro 2010  5,1 128gb ram dual 3.46ghz xeons 12 cores NVME drives etc.  I'll ditch the software before this computer.  I think it would handle anything very reliably, I wonder what the issue might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your MacPro is 2010, but it looks like your CPU processor might be newer than that.

Like my MacPro, I just upgraded and this is the first thing I wanted to check and it still is not working.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.32.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem for me:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)

3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8th Gen HP Probook

it was Dimension was freezing on start.

following tweak worked.

Husnain-Raza.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. it looks beautiful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

For me Dimension will not go beyond this:
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.42.11 PM.png

Machine specs are as follows:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.48.16 PM.png

What is funny is that I cannot create a new file and I cannot "Quit" either. I have to "Force Quit" since Dimension becomes unresponsive.

I tried the latest version of Dimension. It reacted in the same way. So just to be sure if it was a version issue I installed version 3.2.1 - facing the same issue as version 3.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precisely the same problem here. Freezes on the splash screen, and I can't interact with it at all. I have to Force Quit the app. And I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Seems like this has been an issue for years now and has gone completely unaddressed. Is there any intention of fixing this issue? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 2.21.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought after all this time I'd download the latest version (3.4) and see if this has been fixed… Unfortunately notScreenshot 2020-10-15 at 22.17.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is October 15 2020. I installed Dimsnion on my 2010 Mac mini running High Sierra and I have this freezing issue when I start the app. I started a 7-day trial. 

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimension, regardless of Mojave or Catalina, simply it will NOT pass beyond opening screen. In contrast, apps like C4D, Autodesk MAYA which flies like a supper Jet!

What is going on, ADOBE. I want my Dimension work. Fix it, please. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a result. I just downloaded version 3.4.4 on my 2010 5,1 and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, great news! Meanwhile I learned C4D though, lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines