• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension is freezing on the splash screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimensions will not load past the splash screen (attached screenshot). It used to load and run just fine, but hasn't for the last two updates including todays major update. Any ideas on what i can do to solve the issue? I can provide what ever information needed to diagnose the issue. Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 1.41.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know we're investigating this.  Can you let me know if you're on older Macs?  Seems like it might be all 2010 Mac machines.  If any of you are on newer Macs (can find in the Apple > About this mac... menu) that'd be a great data point for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid 2010 Mac pro running Mojave. Version 1.1.1 runs, but not the newest version. I assume the processor doesn't meet the 2011 cutoff for Xeons, but it didn't before either, and the program ran fine for me, maybe because I exceeded all other system requirements. I checked the Activity monitor while Dimension was frozen on the startup screen, and it looks like two "helper" applications, plus multiple versions of the app were trying to load, each using memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something with the new rendering engine, as that was the only major change in the application.  Thank you for letting me know about the issue!  If you can please give me your full hardware information that would be most helpful in us trying to reproduce the issue:

System Info

- Application Version (Can be located in the About screen)

- OS/Version

- Processor

- Memory/RAM

- Graphics Card/VRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application version is the latest version. Everything is updated via the cloud. I can't get to the about screen because the app won't open...

I'm running a pretty old system so that might have something to do with it.
OS - macOS High Sierra

Processor - 2 x 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Memory - 24 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information!  Forwarding this to the engineers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with Dimension CC OCT 15 2018 (will not load past the splash screen)

Dimension CC OCT 15 2018

macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

2 x 3,06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB

Note: Dimension CC APR-03-2018 with macOS High Sierra works perfect on my system.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Adobe Dimension CC v2.0

Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (Mac Pro)

40 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem:

Mac Pro 5.1
Mid 2012
OS 10.13.6

3.46 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon
Mem: 32GB
Grafx: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680 —4GB

Note: Tried both Apple display driver and NVIDIA. Same freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the Dimension app downloaded last week until this issue is

resolved.

Mac Pro (Mid 2012) os version 10.13.6

Processor 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 mb

All of us who have the 2010 and 2012 macs are going to have to get "metal"

compatible graphics cards. There is a list of known and potential cards

here:

The following cards are known to be Metal-compatible:

- MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDRR5

- SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5

- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition

- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Mac Edition

Apple also lists cards that "might also be compatible" with macOS Mojave:

- AMD Radeon RX 560

- AMD Radeon RX 570

- AMD Radeon RX 580

- AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100

- AMD Radeon RX Vega 56

- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

- AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100

- AMD Radeon Frontier Edition

Most posts that I have read indicate that the RX 580 is the most popular

replacement right now, and I have seen at least one post about this Adobe

Dimension issue where the person indicated that they already have the RX

580 and are still having an issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac Pro 2012 running Mac OS 10.14.2. My graphics card is a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 which the system reports as being Metal compatible. I can run other 3D software which requires Metal but Dimension CC 2 will not run. I had to downgrade to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I assume that Dimension will officially no longer be compatible with Mac Pro Towers dating prior to 2011?  Seeing this issue addressed in late 2018 and early 2019... I guess 6 months and a few updates later, it is what it is?  I noticed that the official system requirements call for Intel Xeon / Core i5 "2011 or newer" processors.  Is this a definitive requirement, or is Adobe still troubleshooting the compatibility with the 2010 machines and their processors?

I'm on a Mac Pro Mid 2010

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

48 GB (ram)

Radeon RX 580 8GB (video)

Newest versions of Dimension freeze at launch screen.  I've tried the oldest version.  It launches and runs seemingly well but it cold shuts down the computer (like a power surge) as soon as I launch the "lighting" tab to apply to 3D objects.  It acts like a kernel panic kinda thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really is completely incomprehensible why the Xeon processors of the MacPro series up to 5.1 are not supported. These computers are still running in many agencies as the main computer, because they are still fast for many applications (even for Dimension!) And the architecture allowed by expansion and supplement to keep up with the times (graphics card, USB-C etc. ).

I've recently installed a Photoshop plug-in here that had issues with the Xeon processor - the small team of software developers provided me with a wonderfully working version within 2 days. THAT is what I call customer satisfaction ...

Who knows what Adobe will not support next, or simply be hired overnight (Muse would be such an example, though I never used it).

So if Dimension should get a broad agreement, then Adobe should also look more closely, what exactly in the agencies (yet) comes to regular use. Anyway, it's completely incomprehensible to me why my MacBook Pro late 2011 (for many things still fine, but for Dimension really too slow) is taken into account, and my much faster Mac Pro 2012 with 6 cores is not ...

Cheers,

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it's recuring since Felix only version 1 was running on my Mac

Same mac, same processor, same OS as the last poster.

Macpro 2010 3,46 2x6 core 48gb ram OS Sierra 10,13,6

I have tried several graphic cards (Nvidia and AMD) 

680 Mac edition

970 PC

other radeon

Currently i am running a vega 56 8Go that is running smoothly with any other application.

I also tried upgrading to Mojave

Nothing Help

I suspect tha the problem is not related to the graphice card or the os version

but maybe it's a problem related to the processor

Felix was not working , then dimension V1 was running ok and V2 and V3 are not running anymore.

Maybe one can ask : What is in common between Felix V2 and V3 but not V1 ?

@JMathews can we have any feedback on this. Dimension V3 is a great peace of software and i am tired of using my PC laptop to be able to use it. 2010-2012 Mac pro are still valuable computers and with a Vega 56 it's definitly up to date. We really need you to FIX this quick because it's been years and only V1 was working on my mac. Thanks for your consideration.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 14.48.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, it shows the screen and nothing more happens, checking the monitor it shows as its working but not interface is showed

Mac os high sierra

macpro 4,1

2x 2,26 quad core

36gb ram

nvidia gforce gtx 1060 6gb

Thanks in advance!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Have downgraded to version before and works fine.

High Sierra 10.13.6

Mac Pro 5.1

2 x 3.46Ghz 6 core

64gb ram

Nvidia gtx 980 4gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem with the latest Dimension CC 2.0 release couple of days ago
After launch the icon it freezes on start up screen.

Mac Pro 5.1 2010Intel Xeon 6 Core 3.33 GHZ
48 GB RAM 133MHZ
ATI RADEON RX 580X 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know we're investigating this.  Can you let me know if you're on older Macs?  Seems like it might be all 2010 Mac machines.  If any of you are on newer Macs (can find in the Apple > About this mac... menu) that'd be a great data point for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette

I am on a 2012

Mac 5.1 - 2012

2 times Xeon 3.46

64 MB RAM

GTX 980 Nvidia

The V 1.1.1. works fine in HIHG SIERRA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

12 GB RAM

Radeon RX 580 8192 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Mac Pro (Mid 2012) running high sierra 10.13.6

3.2 ghz-quad-core Intel xeon

12 gb DDR3

Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

I will have to upgrade my graphics card to get new osx anyway but only thinking of getting a comparable card with metal support, like Radeon RX 570 or 580.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 580 unfortunately didn't resolve my issue, but it is a good card in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeanette... is there any hope to get this fixed.

I am stuck on start screen Mac Pro 2012, 2x6 cores 3.46, 64 MB RAM, High Sierra.

Txs for update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me here - freeze on start up screen:

Mac Pro 2012

2x6 cores 3.33, 32 GB RAM, Mojave

AMD Radeon HD 7970 3072 MB

On an »old« MBP late 2011 it works (very slow) ...

Regards,

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current status of this issue? Like most everyone else here, I'm on an older Mac. I'm assuming Adobe is actually going to fix this and not just sweep it under the rug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a fix for 2010 macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines