• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimensions keeps crashing "Application Restart Needed" when I'm trying to render

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the dreaded "App restart needed" when I try to render a project. It doesn't matter if I reduce the canvas from 2,000 to 1,000 or selecting GPU to render. I'm trying to submit my log file, but when I click on "submit product feedback" I get an error 404 page instead. All my drivers are up to date and my system has plenty of juice to get the job done (i7-9750, GTX1660 Ti, 16gb ram). Any advice?

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Is there a limit of how many 3d objects can be rendered on a document?

By @Mack-Attack

yes the limit is how much Ram your system can use to open \ rendor them

try testing a less complex model please; open a blank 1020 [square] workspace, pick a default background image & press 'match image' for the lights then select one of the default 3D models and rendor it to desktop... does the system still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 the submit feedback forum is a dead space so thats a waist of time

2 have you got creative cloud app installed on the system? is any other Adobe account software also installed on this system or have you got more than one computer running Adobe software?

i ask because most of these crash issues are caused by Adobe running scripts in the background when they 'detect' issues you get a crash because the software doesn't know what to do next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CC app installed, PS, AI, XD, AE, ME, ID, LRC, BR, and Acrobat installed. I've restarted my computer with no other apps running and still the same results. Is there a limit of how many 3d objects can be rendered on a document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a limit of how many 3d objects can be rendered on a document?

By @Mack-Attack

yes the limit is how much Ram your system can use to open \ rendor them

try testing a less complex model please; open a blank 1020 [square] workspace, pick a default background image & press 'match image' for the lights then select one of the default 3D models and rendor it to desktop... does the system still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the repsonse. I can render a few 3D models just fine, but I was trying to create a flat lay pattern with a lot of 3d models. Good to know that there is a limit, but would be nice if a warning could pop-up saying something along the lines that you've exceeded the amount of 3D models you can render. It's a shame to create a cool composition only to find out in the end that you can't render it. Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines