Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mistake when rendering: Parts of the Image missing

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I am faceing a srange mistake when rendering my image (please see image attached). I have had this problem on 5 or 6 different projects. The mistake occurs when i am using PSD-Output (16bit) medium with medium quality.

PC: Win 10; 16 GB Ram; AMD FX-8320; Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.

Has anyone an idea? Or do you need more information?

Zypri

screen-renderfehler.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Hi Christoph!  Sincere apologies, we are aware of this issue with the rendering.  It is related to the metallic properties of the material combined with the render quality.  A current work around is to change the properties of the materials in your scene.  You can access the materials on an object by double clicking the object. In the properties panel if the metallic value is set to 1, change it to 0.9.  That should fix the render issue on higher quality renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so does rendor on high setting fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Tried it before. It's the same result. There are exactly the same parts missing. Only on low resolution there are no parts missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph!  Sincere apologies, we are aware of this issue with the rendering.  It is related to the metallic properties of the material combined with the render quality.  A current work around is to change the properties of the materials in your scene.  You can access the materials on an object by double clicking the object. In the properties panel if the metallic value is set to 1, change it to 0.9.  That should fix the render issue on higher quality renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked out fine. I set opacity to 0.99.

Only thing is: The objects were not metal (set to "0"). I used "plastic" as material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue when using plastic materials. Are there any other known workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes the workaround is to set it to .9 instead of one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines