• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open document (Dimension 3.4.5)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends and colleagues!

I can't get rid of this problem. Nobody can help. In all the topics here on the site there is no useful information.

When I work with a new document, everything is fine. As soon as I close the document, it doesn't open again. Gives an error message: "Unable to open document." It doesn't matter what's in the document, it can be completely empty, the result is always the same. The version of the program does not matter.

I have attached all the necessary files:

1) The test file

2) Problem screenshot

3) The Log file

4) Screenshot of the error itself that I see in the log file.

Can someone please help me and explain what is this error? My friends opens my files without problems.

Many thx!

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S0kSsU-EyGkCI4CPZRadLlK2iU_G4xb4/view?usp=sharing

I repeat, it doesn't matter which file, even if it's empty. It's not about the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so have you tried changing the location of the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, many times. Even on different drives. The result is the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the error that keeps popping up in the log file:

frontend Error 524359ms> loadError {"code":4,"debug_msg":"DCX error in dcxserialadapterdoc.cpp@218 31:AdobeDCXErrorDomain:","domain":"LoadingError","msg":"FailedDecodingDCX"}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case:

1) I ran the program as administrator 

2) I have windows 10 latest. And all the minimum hardware requirements are fully compliant:

Intel Core i9-10900K, 4900 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 ГБ) with latest Driver

65376 МБ (DDR4 SDRAM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the end of all the help for the Adobe licensed product? And what should I do next? Get a job at Adobe and learn how to program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can't run saved files
Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well. Have attempted all fixes suggested to no avail! 

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed
I removed the last windows update and installed Dimension, everything works fine.
"Thank's for supporting Adobe Team"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please specify the version of windows update to uninstall? (KB50.......).

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have the same problem for about 2 months Adobe Dimension has no longer opened previously created projects and the message "The document cannot be opened" as shown in the screenshot appears.

I state that all the projects were created by me with the same PC with Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 - CPU (12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz) - RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable).

I've tried uninstalling Adobe Dimension and I've also tried installing older versions, but it still doesn't work.

I tried uninstalling the NVIDIA Drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work (I have a GEForce RTX 3050).

I tried to start Adobe Dimension as administrator but the error doesn't change.

I've tried both opening the files locally and over the network.

At this point I decided to open a ticket because I urgently need to finish a job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines