For simplicity of explanation imagine I have a simple cuboid, produced in Sketchup and brought into Dimension. I wish to apply graphics to all faces using the fairly new Export UV function.
- Ingest model
- Generate UVs
- Export UVs = PSD file
- Open PSD in PShop edit as desired and save (overwrite).
- In Dimension, apply by "Place graphic on model".
Several things often happen here...
- Nothing happens i.e. no graphic applied. Object keeps simple default material only.
- The PSD is applied but takes no notice of any UV mapping.
- The system states there is an error with the file.
I can't find a solution nor rhyme or reason to the results of trials.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Mac (fully up to date), DImension (also fully up to date).
if it works with a 'cube' built in Dimension itself, I would try to generate UV's of your cuboid in Dimension and then try?
I realised a mistake. I was trying to apply the UV map as a graphic to the model. It works if applied to the "Base Color" it works.