• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D model not solid in Dimension

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I'm creating a 3d bottle model in photoshop CC 3D and exporting it as an obj file and then importing to Dimension.

The issue that I am having is that instead of the model being one continuous piece of material the object seems to be split so that when I apply the label design or any object it either reflects or disappears/spilt's the design. How do I merge it to create one continuous material with no spilt.

Thanks so much

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 14.15.40.pngScreenshot 2020-01-24 at 14.15.48.png

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I can see from your images that the way you made the bottle is wrong... that hole in the center tends to be extrusion [set to zero]

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/how-to-make-a-good-bottle-in-photoshop-for-dimension-my-way/m-p/10759234

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see from your images that the way you made the bottle is wrong... that hole in the center tends to be extrusion [set to zero]

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/how-to-make-a-good-bottle-in-photoshop-for-dimension-my-way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I still can't get this to work. The bottle still has a split down the middle and where ever I place the graphic it seems to cut and fold back on itself.

Is it possible to edit the shape of the template bottle model in photoshop and use it as a basis? I don't have the option to adjust the shape only the textures?

Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 17.05.43.pngScreenshot 2020-01-27 at 17.02.53.pngScreenshot 2020-01-27 at 17.02.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• when we talk about repairing 3d models we are starting to get into more advanced areas that are beyond Dimension and better asked in the Photoshop, Blender or Wrap forums... I use Photoshop for my 3D making and this is an Adobe forum so i made you an example from the texture file you posted
  1. the bottle you made is an extrustion and that is why the decals behave as they do... any 3D software will always see an extrustion that way so no it can't be repaired
  2. however you can edit the bottle in a few different ways (do you want it to have a label is the big question here) to fix how a decal image looks; change decal to fill, add a label, change the make up of the glass part of the model & replace the glass in the middle of the bottle (my goto fix) are all possible repairs that Photoshop can do for you

what do you want?what do you want?

example Dn file

p.s, happy to keep going... good luck with it mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines