Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Window Opens Automatically on Startup

Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with latest update for Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, every time I boot up, the Creative Cloud Desktop window opens automatically. I want the Creative Cloud Desktop program to launch on system startup, but I do not want the window to open each time I boot up. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Indeed seems to be solved in 2.1.2.114!

B.T.W. does anybody know how you can check manually for updates of the Creative Cloud Desktop? I cannot find a menu-item for this.... So I've to installed via Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post you linked to unfortunately stops the desktop app from launching in the background at all. I am having a problem with the app window popping up when I boot up, but I still want the app to run.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue since updating the Creative Cloud app to v 2.1.0.108. It also seems to take an age to load up.

As with David_B I want the app to run in the background but not to appear everytime I start up my computer.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the new version of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop keeps popping up every time after wake from sleep!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose then that this is an issue with the latest update to Creative Cloud Desktop.Here's to hoping that Adobe resolves this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else seeing this screen when the Adobe Creative Cloud app first opens?

Looks like another issue with the latest update to Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to install new software or update existing software since installing the Creative Cloud update, so I would not know. Has this been consistently happening?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither have I. This Error Screen appeared the first time the Creative Cloud app opened after the update yesterday and continues to appear on a regular basis upon booting up my computer. It never happened before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, beforehand on Windows... the darn thing used to log out ALL the time... you'd open any app and then it would log out...

OK, so I'd log back in... and it would be happy until the next time I opened an Adobe app...

NOW>>..after this update... it appears to stay logged in at all times... BUT

The Creative Cloud window pops open every 5 minutes or so... even if I'm not using an Adobe app... This is getting ridiculous...

My Mac installation... no problems...  Oy....  Hoping they can fix this soon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it appears to be happening because it cannot connect to the server... But if you hit reconnect it then connects.

I think the app doesn't wait long enough for a response... I know its not my internet connection, or my firewall... I've been at various locations today with this problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the window opens after Creative Cloud Desktop logs in to my account, and when I go in to airplane mode, the window pops up again to tell me that I lost my internet connection. The window pops up again when I turn off airplane mode and reconnect to my account. I believe that this Creative Cloud Desktop release was Adobe preparing us for the Creative Cloud 2015 release of its software which is supposed to come out Tuesday, June 23. Since this release seems to be loaded with problems and CC 2015 is right around the corner, I don't doubt that an update will make its way out some time soon.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm , mine even pops up again after my iMac goes in sleep mode for some minutes - so basically it unfolds all the time by itself. Extremely annoying and hopefully fixed very quickly .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked with Adobe Customer Support yesterday in an effort to see what they had to say about it, and they insist that if you uncheck "Launch on System Start", it will still load in your Task Tray but not open the window. I tried it, and it is not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update for the cc app today... hopefully this fixes it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new update 2.1.1.110 seems not to solve this issue. Adobe Creative Desktop still popup after sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me on a Mac with Yosemite, it seems not to be a problem after the 2.1.1.110 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed that this update does not resolve the issue in question. I would report the bug to Adobe if I knew who to reach out to. My attempts to convince Adobe Customer Support that the problem was not with me, but with the rather with the program proved futile.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on my mac too - version 2.1.1.110, OSX 10.10.3. Window pops up on every wake from sleep. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried removing Adobe Creative Cloud from Login Items ?

macosx-login-items.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this "bug" is not a bug in the eyes of Adobe. Perhaps Adobe wanted to redesign the automatic launch feature to open the window. I miss having the little cloud sitting in my task tray all the time, but perhaps Adobe wanted to redesign Creative Cloud so it doesn't have to sit in my task tray. I have a hard time believing that though.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my theory (have no idea whether it's correct): Adobe has been quite successful in getting a large number of beginners to subscribe to the Creative Cloud. But a lot of them are not very technical. There are a lot of questions like, "How do I open my Adobe?" or "Where is the InDesign that I just downloaded".

Making the Creative Cloud window more available makes it easier for them to launch apps. Notice that it now says "Open" beside each of the installed apps (that's new with the past version or two).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the latest update for me has caused this to happen.  Don't like it, one additional step when you login to close/minimize the creative cloud app.  On-line tech support states it has never minimized.  Well it had been for me in Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted Adobe Care (and hopefully I've some contact later this day). I've got a message that their team is investigating this now and working on a fix. Hopefully a quick fix will be available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying again. Perhaps enough people have approached Adobe with the issue now, and at last, something is going to be done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines