• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe cs5.5 not able to install on MacOS Big Sur (v. 11.5.2)

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. For the past ten years I've been using Adobe CS5.5 on OSX, and unfortunately my old computer crashed a few days ago. I've since got a new laptop running:  

Mac OS Big Sur version 11.5.2

and when I tried to install CS5.5 via disc this morning I got told it wan't able to install on the newer operating system. Is there a way around this, or will I have to buy more recent version of the creative suite?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO way to install that old program on Apple's BS operating system

There is also NO creative suite that will work, and CS6 is no longer sold

You may buy a subscription https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Or look at http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html for a one time purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy Creative Suite is gone.  It's discontinued & unsupported.  Besides, it wouldn't run much less install on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey so that wouldn't help you.

Your best option is to buy a Creative Cloud Photography Plan starting at $10/month for 12 months.  It includes the following:

- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

============

Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to do this is to install an emulator like Parallels, install an older version of the MacOS, and then go to download it from your account 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way to do this is to install an emulator like Parallels, install an older version of the MacOS..

============

@S_Gans,

Unless something has changed recently, AFAIK Big Sur or Monterey on M1 chip won't allow an older macOS to be installed.  The OP might be able to run Win10 on the latest Parallels (80 Euros/yr + the cost of Win10), if they also purchased a Windows license for Creative Suite. 

The path of least resistance is to buy new software that's compatible with the current OS.  Or use an old computer for legacy apps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines