• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID and new installation: No registered devices

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I want to install LR 6 - yes, the old one...

My last installation was about 5 years ago, now I want to give it another chance. 

After Installation I get the message: max installations - deactivate device. But my account says: No devices activated. 

SerialNo of LR ist registered.

I dont get an direct line to Adobe to fix ist???

Thx, Mike

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't deactivate a serial number you have to contact the Adobe support. Only they can reset the activation counter.

This is a public forum and not the link to Adobe support. We're all normal users as you are. 

Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problems 

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link 
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long 
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups 
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work 
This link will go directly to the chat option 
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person 
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks 
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT 
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the cookies were a problem..

And now:

"I understand M, The product can be used by the User for a lifetime.
However the Team who used to support with such queries for unsupported products is no longer available."

"I understand M, The product can be used by the User for a lifetime.
However the Team who used to support with such queries for unsupported products is no longer available."

Grrr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't deactivate a serial number (this is the ONLY support Adobe still offers for old programs)
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One Adobe Support person willing to reset Lr6 Activations is @CMass 

Send her a Private message by clicking on her profile.

You will need to state your Adobe Account ID and provide a valid Serial Registration Number.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx a lot, I just send her a pm - and hope for help.

Chat: After a rather useless conversation I requested contact with the supervisor. There is a phone call announced...

I am very excited....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realy great - just got a call. 

He just explained again, that there ist no further support for LR6and therefor its not possible to delete these unvisible devices. So LR6 ist useless after 30 days since installation - great!

They offered 6 months of cloud - great marketing...

Bye bye adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careeeesa is my last hope before I deinstall LR6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you MUST delete/uninstall everything 'Adobe' using the Cleaner Tool-

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If you install Lr6 with the CC Desktop App 'in residence' - then Lr6 installs as the 'Subscription' version! & 30day trial.

Clean  >  Install v6  with Reg Number  >  PM Careeeesa for Activation Reset.

He just explained again, that there is no further support for LR6and therefor its not possible to delete these unvisible devices.

That is the message read off notes by most support staff- and, yes, there is NO SUPPORT. Do Not mention the word "support". Ask only for Activation Reset! And only Careeeesa seems willing to help. (Thanks to her for the many 'sticking' with Lr6)

See the long discussion at-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx a lot - but its enough. 

I dont support such a policy. Begging for support after buying a product is not my way. Thx for the cleaner tool - it worked ;-)) !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines