Exit

Adobe premiere elements 8 download

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to download Premiere elements 8 

this URL  of premiere elemnts dosn't work  (https://prodesigntools.com/direct-download-links-for-lightroom-3-and-photoshop-elements-8.html)

please help

Many Thanks

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the current and one previous versions use the cc app:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#:~:text=Install%20Previ....

for cc 2019 and earlier use prodesigntools.com*

for everything else, you must use adobe support** (and it may take a few tries to find an agent to provide links).

adobe download links prior to cc 2020 are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file.  it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Adobe has removed that VERY OLD program from their system

Since the Prodesign links go to Adobe's servers you can't download something that isn't there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith 

premiere elements 8 is available at prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I clicked the link the OP posted
When I "Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links below"
It takes me to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html
Which is the download page for versions 2024 and 2023
When I scroll down to the "direct download links" there are program FILE 1 and FILE 2 links
I clicked the File 1 link and it goes to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html

It does NOT go to the program that is shown as the address in the link
So I conclude that version 8 is NOT on Adobe's site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith 

oops, you're correct.  both photoshop elements 8 links work, but not premiere elements 8.

@ProDesignTools ... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no way to know who or how many people write/update the MANY pages at ProDesign so my best GUESS is that old pages leading to old programs are not updated very often... so when Adobe removes file(s) from the server nobody at ProDesign is going to know until the problem is reported in a message like this

And, of course, ProDesign is only reporting what is/was with no way to make Adobe put file(s) back on the server

That is why, when I send someone to ProDesign to find an old program, I always say to copy the file to at least one external device (multiple copies are better) in case they have a computer problem and go back to ProDesign to find that the file is no longer available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jim ( @ProDesignTools ) will respond, i think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it looks like Adobe pulled that one, and can't find it anywhere else... The link just redirects to Adobe's main download page and there's nothing further that can be done to get the file back, unfortunately.

The only possible option which might work is what Adobe has mentioned when people request access to older Adobe installers (and cannot find legitimate installers on ProDesignTools or elsewhere):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do want to install Premiere elements 8  on?

Maybe you can download Premiere elements 8 from your Adobe account:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebrahimzahran,

Two suggestions in light of not being able to download the installer are:

1. If you have dvd with pre 8 then buy or borrow an external dvd drive

2. Find a used copy somewhere, although there are certain risks involved like possible malware that someone

purposely put on the dvd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Find a used copy somewhere

Is that version old enough that it does not require a license transfer?

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number
-you also may NOT sell/transfer if you used a program as the basis to buy an upgrade at a reduced price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good question.

If the op has his/her original serial number for pre 8 would they still need to do the license transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, a DVD version is based on a single 'image' that is put on however many discs are sold (the same as a 'glass master' is made to make a music CD)

So any serial number for the same version on a disc will/should work

My v2021 disc has a very clean/clear label which I presume is either 'silk screen' or applied with a special disc printer... so a disc purchased from something like ebay MIGHT be okay to buy for such old software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines