• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install AdobeCS6 - Says License revoked - Purchased from Official Adobe Store

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old CS6 Standard license purchased in early 2015.
It's installed on a laptop on its last leg, so I wanted to move it to a newer system. 

However, when I tried installing it on the new system, it said the license was revoked. 

The customer support link it provides, says it could be due to 3rd party seller that sold a volume license. 
However from the official Adobe (India) Store. I have the invoice and the emails from Adobe for reference. 

Could anyone please help me to resolve this issue? 

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Hi @SB-101,

Please contact support and show them the proofs of your purchase, it should be resolved hopefully.

To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SB-101,

Please contact support and show them the proofs of your purchase, it should be resolved hopefully.

To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Manan Joshi .
Appreciate your reply. 
Will try it and update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SB-101 and everyone else, adobe support is not going to restore a compromised license and they're not able to issue new ones. 

if you buy from a reputable vendor, report the problem to the vendor.  if you think the vendor is disreputable, report that to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/genuine.html (see link at page bottom).

you can learn more here, https://helpx.adobe.com/genuine/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in my original post, I bought it from Adobe directly. 
I have the emails from Adobe with the serial number and payment invoice for reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually that would mean your serial number was hacked, or released by you to someone you were not authorized to release it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned before, I bought it from Adobe directly. I have not shared it with anyone.
Since you don't have anything useful to say to a legitimate customer, there's no point in continuing this conversation. I have contacted Adobe support and will wait for their official reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good. let use know what adobe support said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Adobe customer service as suggested and they resolved the issue.
Appreciate your help @Manan Joshi . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SB-101 , did they say why the license had been revoked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did this end up? Facing similar issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@cotwild 

your issue isn't the same because you've already contacted adobe support and confirmed your license was revoked for a valid reason (likely no fault of your own).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines