• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation fee scam

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only signed up for a trial and somehow it put me to a yearly plan, and now adobe wants me to pay a cancellation fee? OH boy this company is starting to be the biggest rip off known to man kind.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Hi mikej77325234,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would like too inform you that the trial version for Adobe CC apps is good for 7 days only and also if you purchased it mistakenly and you get it cancelled before 14 days, there is no cancellation charge and you will get the refund of your amount but if it has crossed the 14 days, then the annual membership is activated and started.

Adobe - Subscription Terms

I would suggest you to contact our support team to get more clarity on this.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikej77325234,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. I would like too inform you that the trial version for Adobe CC apps is good for 7 days only and also if you purchased it mistakenly and you get it cancelled before 14 days, there is no cancellation charge and you will get the refund of your amount but if it has crossed the 14 days, then the annual membership is activated and started.

Adobe - Subscription Terms

I would suggest you to contact our support team to get more clarity on this.

Contact Customer Care Log in to this page. Select your product, issue and click Still need help. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a HUGE scam.  My husband did the trial, mistakenly didn't cancel in time----and they want to charge him $116 in order to cancel!  He only used it once, and doesn't need it.  Has been on with the "support team" and is getting a total run-around.  How does Adobe get away with this????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription
-You also need to know that a subscription renews AUTOMATICALLY if you do not cancel during your 12th month
-it is too late for the person who missed the notes, but for anyone else reading this
-there are so many people who miss the details that Nancy O'Shea added red arrows
-see the Nancy O'Shea message dated 3-22-2023 (with big red arrows) in this message
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/bloated-nonsense/td-p/13669109

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that wait times are sometimes long before an agent responds
You MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
You MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This will NOT work if you are using a VPN
This link will go directly to the chat option
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent in the lower right, without the quote " " marks
or
Twitter tweet @AdobeCare
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:   After spending a LONG time on the chat, with the agent offering one deal after the next, such as full year subscriptions that one can then cancel without a fee, or 3 months free, or WHATEVER, the agent finally relented and allowed us to cancel without a fee.  He was obligated to offer one thing after another.   So if anyone else has this problem, hang in there, just stick to your position that you want to cancel without the fee.  Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deborah315432362cbr 

congrats but to others, adobe's not obligated to relent so being respectful is your best strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines