• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application on a same machine.

How to solve this problem?

Windows 7 Professional.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 188 Replies 188
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on Mac:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud control panel update this morning. Lots of bug fixes...... On booting of very app, every time..... still being asked to sign in despite already being signed in.

I come to the conclusion that on machines that are already showing this behaviour, a control panel update is not going to fix it. Only a lengthy, in-depth hit and miss tour of your system by the user will eventually do it and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will stay fixed. One more machine to do here (in this 30 license studio), and it's the machine I use. I just can't bring myself to plough through it all again. Maybe in a week or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌oh no..

I am so impressed by your aplomb and patience. I see people loose their minds for half this problem. I really hope it will get solved and I will keep on reporting what I hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here’s how I fixed it on Mac 10.9.5.

For this issue there is no need to uninstall your actual apps. If Adobe tell you to completely uninstall your apps for this authorisation issue don’t bother doing it. It’s a complete waste of time. This has nothing to do with the apps themselves just all the authorisation stuff.

1. Log out of your CC Desktop Control Panel

2. Quit all Adobe apps

3. Go to Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities) and quit out of:

Core Sync

AdobeIPCBroker

Creative Cloud

CCLibrary

Adobe Desktop Source

Adobe Installer

*And anything else you see with Adobe at the front*

*Do Core Sync and AdobeIPCBroker first to stop anything else re-spawning*

4.Rename to _OLD or delete if you’re brave:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Delete

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeApplicationManager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud

5. RENAME

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache to SLCache_OLD

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore to SLStore_OLD

IMPORTANT - On earlier OS’s you can just rename and new SLCache and SLStore folders will be made automatically. This doesn’t work on 10.9.5 so you have to make new, empty SLCache and SLStore folders which will get populated. So…

Make new, empty SLCache and SLStore folders. They’ll end up sitting right above the _OLD ones. When I deleted the folders entirely InDesign decided it wasn’t authorised anymore!

6. Download the CC Desktop Control panel app and install it but don’t sign in yet or boot any Adobe app.

7. Shutdown your machine. We need to do a cold boot here, not a restart.

8. Once your machine has rebooted sign into the CC Control panel.

9. Run your Adobe apps. Hopefully, and I’ve done this on 10 machines now, you won’t constantly keep being asked to sign in every time you boot an Adobe app.

I would not like to thank Adobe for any of this extra work and headache.

Thanks floramc but I don't believe Adobe will ever fix this for people who already have this issue. This is the last machine here showing this symptom. If any others pop up I'm just going to smash them to tiny tiny pieces with a gigantic sledge hammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Finally a solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution that finally worked  (step by step on post #104).  Just deleting the db file made no difference nor any of the other fixes that others got lucky with.  My apps wouldn't even open, just got stuck in a loop and going round and round and round....  Nice work psmudger!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a long time to work that out. Glad it worked for you and I agree with every other forum poster with this horrendous issue. WE shouldn't be spending hours trying to fix Adobe authentication coding issues.

Adobe help still insists that the first step is to uninstall and re-install the APPS. This does nothing but waste your time. The fault is in the authentication code and authentication apps not the apps themselves. Can't believe, after all this time, they are still telling people to do that.
We have 39 licenses here and we were having this with about 28 of the machines. My method solved it in all cases but at 30 to 45 minutes per machine….

Adobe owe me lots of what they love most. Money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I had to sign in between 4-7 times. I didnt count.

Adobe is  pile of crap.

For those of us suffering from an ever enchroaching Police State this is just symptomatic of the larger problem, the corporates attempt to exert control. Thanks Adobe, we know we RENT from you, the days of ownership are over, we know you can evict us at any point, we are just thankful we can rent from you. why dont you just ramp up the prices.

While you at it, why dont you add loads of functionality that no one wants.

The list of complaints is endless. But having to constantly log in, virtually everytime I want to use acrobat is just one issue too far. Its not an issue you are not aware of, its clearly DELIBERATE. As such, its malicsious. Piled on top of all the other woes are you trying to put small players and maybe even large players out of business?

I pray for a serious competitir to enter the market. Macromedia was a company that prepared software for computer users, it was LOGICAL and INTUITIVE. Adobe appeases the POLICE STATE with superfluos workflows that dont work. Photoshop is my biggest gripe. Tried undoing things, all you need to do is press 16 buttons whilst humming a certain French tune. Convention in all other systems says CTRL Z. Try selecting an element on a page? Convention says you just select it. Tried deselecting a selection area? Convention says ESCAPE, but no Adobe says CTRL D. Tried copy and pasting images from one open .psd file to another, convention says just do it, but no, Adobe says move the image out of lock and then position them both and then slide it across, or somthgin like that. Dont even consider copying files from Fireworks or illustrator etc.

Adobe = PAIN.

The only reason I upgraded from a disk version of Dreamweaver MX was becuse of the CSS integration. Other than tht, Dreamweaver has offered nothing new that I use whatsoever.

This log in issue is a blinding reminder of their total disregard for intelligent minds and total subserviance to a police state of mangerial workflow designed to condition and passify their market.

Why dont you call me from INDIA, again, for several hours over several days and then suddenly not bother and resolve NOTHING. Why dont you do that 2-3 times over 203 years? On second thoughts, DONT BOTHER. I am just lookoing forward to dieing to be quite honest, or at least retiring, only 20 years of PAIN to go through. Thanks Adobe. I'll be saying nice things about you everytime I log in, about 2-3 times a day. If you need a quote on that im sure your corporate terms alredy have ownership of my post here, feel free. If you want a photo, just ask, only I think they're NSFW.

Thanks Adobe. I use all your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2.jpg

Of course WITHIN MINUTES I get asked again.

Whats that? Am I on trial? Do I need to start the trial? Is it a capital offence? will I be executed? I admit it aall!!! Im prepared to swing for my crimes!! You got me adobe. do I really have 00 days remaining? I didnt think i was that far gone? Cant I have just one more to look at the geren meadows and see the children playing in the sunshine? Seriously, how can anyone try a product for 0 days? Thats impossible. 0 days is not a tangible amount. You need a lesson on LOGIC.

I have a work around, just press LICENCE THIS SOFTWARE, the important point being LICENCE as its a LICENCE. Dont forget that, its a LICENCE, you might pay £60-70/month for it but you need a REMINDER regularly that its on licence, just like an escaped convict. After pressing LICENCE HIS SOFTWARE, PRAY that you remember your username and password and you havent just gone to Florida and just happened to clear your cache and cant remember it and have to get a password reminder. It only takes several years out of your busy day.

Thanks adobe for your speedy responce. I know that most other HTML editor suplier take over 4 years to resolve such issues.

I look forward to all the PAIN when I get a new laptop. I can only imagine the delights in store when I try to load my stuff onto a new laptop. I eem to remember last time I had to call Adobe up to get my machine number ported. But that was yers ago, what now? a DNA sample? My first born? But I dont have any children? So what then? My soul?

Enjoy the screenshot Adobe. Maybe you can print it out and put it on your board of LOL's. Lol, that would be really LOL. Everyone can laugh at that.

I do know M68000 machine code, is there something I can do myself to resolve this problem? Just let me know. I also have a soldering iron if I need to adjust any parts of the chipset. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you psmudger.

Having tried all the "official" solutions from Adobe, this finally got be signed back into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, this worked! My email address was added to the team before I created an account with that same email address....I "think" that may have caused the error....should be rather straight forward to fix 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem and I'm not finding any solutions that work for me in this post! Help! I'm asked to sign in to creative cloud each time I restart my computer, Thus, when I log back into Premiere Pro 2015.3 (newest update) and load a prior project, the Application has to reload all of the pp project's cache files and media.  I've double checked that the media cache are saving to the same place each time. This is sooo frustrating. I have external hard drives with my media and projects. The media has never moved, nor has the Media Cache location - also on external drives. I have to move between my laptop (when travelling to edit) and my iMac (when editing from home) and I can't keep sacrificing this precious time while premiere Loads each piece of media and creates new media cache files.

The media management of premiere has been frustrating to no end. Help please! 

My computer specs:

iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch with OSX El Capitan

Processor: 4Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never logged into Cloud because it was not enough memory for me. I tried Adobe on trial period but was not what I was looking for. I now can not open some of my .pdf's on my computer or my external hard drive, some as old as 2005. It keeps telling me I need an adobe password. The only password I have is the one I used to get here today. Never had any other passwords that I know of. I am to the point of deleting all Adobe and NEVER using again. I am currently using another .pdf program to open my .pdf because I don't trust Adobe now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna Purcell wrote:

I never logged into Cloud because it was not enough memory for me. I tried Adobe on trial period but was not what I was looking for. I now can not open some of my .pdf's on my computer or my external hard drive, some as old as 2005. It keeps telling me I need an adobe password. The only password I have is the one I used to get here today. Never had any other passwords that I know of. I am to the point of deleting all Adobe and NEVER using again. I am currently using another .pdf program to open my .pdf because I don't trust Adobe now.

Hi!

I would like to help you but you must help me help you:

‌1) what do you mean by "I never logged into Cloud"? Are you talking about the storage or are you talking about the cc manager, ie what you use to download the programs?

2) did you use adobe before these episodes? How did you open your pdfs before? How did you create your pdfs, are you the author?

you can even use the private messages and send me one of those pdfs to see if I find the issue, or if I can open them. Please send me a private message before you stop trusting Adobe. Let me try, would you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged into cloud. It kept asking me to and I said cancel every time because it was only 2 GB.I did try in the edit in Adobe now the problems above. How do I send you a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌ok, that is only a chance to use online storage, nothing you would worry about. I will send you a private message. Normally you open a member's profile and click on the yellow envelope to send a private a message. I will do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the file "opm.db" in the mentioned directory.

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 11.44.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this message in several of our labs.  I contacted Adobe and the technician had me create a new license file (we are using CC Enterprise) by running the CClauncher.dmg.  Once the license package is created I had to run Adobeserialization.dmg as the administrator each Mac in the lab that was having the issue.  Once that was done those workstations that were having issues are now working and not reverting back to the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing the resolution, it will help many of our fellow Forum user.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed the troubleshooting steps at the provided link, and deleting the opm.db file worked for me. thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that is good to hear Marc. Please let us know of any issues in future too.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to do this every time I open Photoshop since I signed up for the subscription a year or so ago.  Nothing works ... and it's a MAJOR annoyance, not to mention the man-hours lost over time.  Adobe acknowledged the issue way back then, yet has done NOTHING to fix it.  They're answer has been just do something simple like editing your registry.  I don't think so.  I'm not the one who created this problem, and I'm not going to reprogramming my machine just to make there software work.  That's Adobe's job.

I thought they were smarter than this.  I was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept on getting the same problem and found the solution! I was opening up Adobe CC and then opening photoshop (or other apps) in the app section by clicking the open button. Instead of doing this I clicked on the actual PS icon/image to open it and then when I saw the icon appear in my task bar, I pinned it to task bar and then opened it from there. It didn't ask me to register anymore and I noticed I could also access it offline whereas before I was having to be online.

This seemed to work for me? Hope it helps you too?

Mark

http://marklaxton.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I got a new version of Adobe Reader and Since day My windows is started to show errors and multiple apps are not working too.

See image

error.jpg

You can see here Microsoft edge browser is pinned in taskbar but you can not see the logo on task bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't these moderators/helpers/experts just admit they have no idea why CC keeps asking for the user to sign in instead of "try this" and "try that" and "uninstall" (which seems to be the go-to answer when everything else fails.  I finally quit the CC program; cancelled my subscriptions to several programs and went back to my old retail versions of Photoshop/Dreamweaver and Acrobat and all of the problems stopped.  Acrobat DC won't display the background color in any image that is exported from Corel Draw; Photoshop and CC keeps asking me to sign in and that my trial is over, regardless of the fact my account is active and I've already logged in; Dreamweaver keeps crashing whenever a new page is opened and the only solution offered is quit and sign in again or uninstall and re install.  Do you folks even have a clue?  We've all paid good money for these programs and all Adobe wants is to make more money by requiring a subscription to programs we no longer have access to.  I have a retail version of Photoshop CS5 that I cannot re install because Adobe says my serial # is invalid.  Funny... It was valid when I installed the program two years ago.  But then Adobe stopped offering support for it and "suggested" I use the Cloud and download the CC suite of products instead.  Too many glitches that cannot be explained and too many problems that cannot be corrected.  "Make sure you have the latest version running". "Make sure all the updates have been installed".  "Sign out and sign in again and see if that helps"  Really??  A $billion company and that's the best you've got?  Adobe used to be the premier photo editing and publishing software program on the planet back when you bought it and it came in a box with a user manual that had 600 pages.  Now your developers make changes to the program daily to correct errors that they should have caught during test, and nobody can keep up with the versions.  Too much money for too little quality.  By the way, you should see the hoops you have to jump thru to cancel your CC subscription.  Join?  Hell yeah, you can join. Just click here and enter your credit card info and you're home free.  Cancel?  Oh, well... you've got to contact customer service to cancel.  Bye, Adobe.  It's been real.  It's been fun.  It just ain't been real fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines