• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot.

Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last few weeks, my Creative Cloud Desktop app hasn't been automatically logging in and staying logged in when I start my system, as it has done for years.

It runs fine and the blurry white logo appears in the system tray, which used to then go sharp to indicate that it had logged in, and it would then sync.

Now what's happening is that the logo is going sharp, and then immediately going blurry again.

If I click on it, a window pops up saying "You've been signed out. Unable to authenticate your Adobe ID. Sign in again with your Adobe ID and password to continue using Adobe apps."

If I then sign in, it's fine for the rest of that session, but as soon as I reboot, the whole process repeats, which is very annoying!

Occasionally it will log in and stay logged in on next boot up, but most of the time it just logs straight out again as described.

I've tried uninstalling Creative Cloud, deleting all its folders, and reinstalling it again, but no difference, it's still doing the same thing.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour, and is there a fix?

The app is version 4.6.0.384 on Windows 10 1803.

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davadvice​,

Thanks for your advice. I do not know which one of my posts you are referring, but if you want to contact Adobe, you need to do that via Contact Customer Care . And if you have a solution to your problem, you are invited to post that solution, so that other may try your solution.

Thanks for being cooperative.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The problem comes and goes erratically. Sometimes it's oke for weeks and then it's starts out of the blue. The solutions provided by Adobe are not working or just for a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I think it's finally fixed, it fails again!

I recently updated the app from 4.6.0.384 to 4.7.0.400, an update which for some reason it hadn't prompted me about.

I thought that had fixed it, but no, it's now failing again most of the time.

Today for the first time when I booted up, I watched the tray icon, and it logged in, logged back out again, and then logged in again very briefly (at least the icon changed) and then logged out with the usual error "cannot authenticate your Adobe ID".

As usual, then doing a manual login worked fine straight away.

This is way beyond a joke now, how many months has this been going on?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been doing this for over a year now. I've contacted Adobe support at least 3 times, they run the cleaner, reinstall the app, etc., nothing fixes the problem. They even sent a whitelist for the ports to have my IT dept open, still doesn't fix the problem. I've pretty much given up. I check back occasionally to see if they've discovered any new solutions - since all the suggested ones haven't worked. I'm paying good money to not have any access to the library function and to spend a good 60+ minutes re-signing in (collectively throughout the day). Not to mention, when it signs me out, I have to wait after I sign in for everything to load before I can open the program I need. Today, Illustrator started crashing. I mostly work with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. My synced fonts go pink.  Every once in a while, I'll make it through the day without it logging me out. Can't wait for a competitor to come up something comparable so I can drop Adobe - since they obviously don't care. So SO frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm so annoyed about this now, there seems to be no prospect of it ever being fixed, that I'm just going to uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop and manage without it.

I only have one Creative Cloud app installed anyway, and that's Adobe Muse, which has now been summarily abandoned by Adobe and there will be no further updates for it anyway.

That being the case, I see no reason to keep the Creative Cloud Desktop app installed at all if it's annoying me all the time!

The problem is that I can't uninstall it, as it just says I can't as I have an app installed that needs it!

How do I get rid of it, I know that I don't actually have to have it installed.

Surely I don't have to uninstall Adobe Muse first?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an "Adobe CC Cleaner Tool" or something like that, from Adobe, which will wipe Creative Cloud and any adobe apps you choose from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I just clean installed my PC with the original Window 10 (Restored to factory settings).

Adobe Creative Cloud was the first software I installed. Yet, I get annoying Sign In messages from the applications or Creative Cloud itself.

I've tried all suggestions, used the Adobe Cleaner tool.

Abambo​, sorry but your reply above is absolutely unhelpful and unnecessary. This might hit only a bunch of users if compared to the main userbase, but it's a problem anyway and it's irritating that someone suggests it's not for Adobe to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what answer do you refer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

what answer do you refer to?

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I was talking about your first answer to this topic. Copying it manually here:

---- @Abambo wrote:

The problem you experience is exceptional. Millions are using CC and only a few are having your problem.

Checking out connections with ie is not an issue of Adobe, but was a design decision by Microsoft. Adobe is not responsible that some settings are best made via ie...

There are so many situations where a program my get corrupted and that outside of the control of the programs creator. Adobe provides some tools to correct that, but if nothing helps, you should try a clean install, as this is the best solution for a fresh start.

Please note also, if you complain, it is because you have a problem. Users without problems do not complain. You do not hear from them...

-----

I am not intending to be a troll or blindly criticize, but honestly, nothing helpful there. The problem is real, I'm experiencing this since last 6 months or so, and now I just wiped out my machine and clean installed it all, starting with Windows and then Adobe. Same problem.

If it has to do with Wifi connection, erratic IP number, Windows firewalls, Mac OSX... I can't tell. And it's still an Issue for Adobe to solve, as their software has to play along with different system configurations. They are missing something that's causing this problem to some users, and it's not necessarily because these users are computer impaired and so they did something wrong. Adobe should look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that you can link to specific answers in a thread. The date link will be your friend.

You need to look this in context with the previous message (the one I was responding to).

My post was an answer to entry one: Re: Creative Cloud Desktop app not staying logged in on boot. It was meant to the user complaining that the advice that has been posted was not helpful.

The user is criticizing some points in that instructions without knowing that the way this has been designed is due to Microsoft's implementation on how to access the internet connection configuration.

In addition he makes unqualified assumptions on some Youtubers complaining on Adobe programs.

I'm not denying that there are problems. The computer I work on has problems with CC and the solution is to remake the system (as it is a corporate computer, this means using the standard company image and then redoing the customization). As we are anyway in line of getting Windows 10, we won't do that. But the problem description points to an Adobe problem, but it is probably an intermixed one Windows/Adobe.

Such problems are difficult to solve out of the distance, therefore Adobe has collected some of the experiences and made a solution suggestion out of it. You try it, it works or it fails. But it is a point to start with.

In no way I said that the users are computer impaired. In the contrary, those users are my favored to support as they normally do as I say and try what I suggest.

And I'm not computer impaired and I have problems... some of them are due to our corporate infrastructure... so I refrain to blame Adobe, Autodesk, Ansys, Microsoft and whoever in a first.

Emilio Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this "exceptional" issue and I also found the tone of the response distracting. Ever since the end of last year I have had to abandon using Windows ( my main workstation ) because of this issue. The answer I get from Adobe now is "This is a Windows problem, sorry BEST OF LUCK" and the only time I was able to have the Adobe server side recognize I was logged in was when a tech had to remote into my pc to change internet settings that do not work anymore.

All the information I am receiving is dead ends and I have to try and transfer all of my work to Mac to see if it works. It really sucks when the money I paid to Adobe is going to waste because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now staying logged in on my PC with current Windows 10 and updated Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really interesting because, in my case, it seems that update was what broke things for me. Is everything still working correctly for you as of today (04/08/2019)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started experiencing this problem end of Jan 2019 with a brand new laptop (fresh install of Creative cloud & apps - same as my previous laptop). At first, I was getting partially logged in (i.e. some Adobe ID features were not available in Acrobat or getting signed out after opening/closing Photoshop for example). I contacted support and bottom line, I had to delete a bunch of files and folders. Didn't work. Even taking those actions, the problem persisted.

Steps

1. Closed all Adobe App -> Killed all Adobe* & Creative* processes
  2. Deleted all Adobe* credential from credential manager
  3. Restarted Credential Manager service
  4. Deactivate license from PC (from Adobe.com web site, under "Manage Plans")
  5. Removed all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache
  6. Removed all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCData
  7. Removed all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD
  8. Removed all files in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
  9. Removed all files in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\SLData\SLCache
  10. Removed all files in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\SLData\SLStore
  11. Removed all files in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  12. Restarted

I may be wrong but it looks to me that Adobe uses some hardware ID in its sign in validation so I turned off the MAC address randomization (win 10 setting if your PC supports it) and performed the above steps, re-installed creative cloud and now it almost works fine. I get signed out when I reboot. It's a pain in the a** to sign in again every time I change but at least, all functionalities work once I'm signed in.

Can't wait to hear how to solve the problem to stay signed in after reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with windows 10 and Creative Cloud.

Have contact with support and they fix!

Here what they do:

Go to Windows Settings

Go to Network and Internett

Go to VPN and turn off "Allow VPN Over metered..." and "Allow VPN while.."

Go to Proxy and turn off "Automatically detect Settings"

Thats it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines