• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud desktop failed to install on MAc OSX 10.8.

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud desktop failed to install on MAc OSX 10.8.5

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Hi Itisja,

Try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

• Run Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and choose option 3 and then option 1 to complete the cleaning process.

• Once done please rename OOBE Folder from these locations to OOBE.old

MAC: Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>OOBE

• Go to creative.adobe.com -> Download Center -> Download Creative Cloud

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Itisja,

Try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

• Run Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and choose option 3 and then option 1 to complete the cleaning process.

• Once done please rename OOBE Folder from these locations to OOBE.old

MAC: Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>OOBE

• Go to creative.adobe.com -> Download Center -> Download Creative Cloud

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankit

It works, Thank you ^_^

by tha way, the applications in the Creative Cloud Connection showed the sign to install. Should i reinstall them?

Thank again, Ja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, if the software's are installed then they might be in a different language. Change the language in Creative cloud here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankit,

I've tried all of these steps, on my Mac Pro but I still  receive an error message about not being able to install.

When I run the CS Cleaner Tool, I remove "Adobe Creative Cloud Destop" and "Adobe Applicatio Manager/Creative Cloud for Win XP, Vista & Mac OSX10.6 (I've installed Maverick, by the way).  There is no option 3 and then option 1 visible anywhere in the Cleaner Tool.  I have also renamed my OOBE folder as instructed, but again, this didn't work.

I've tried numerous times to properly install it (when I first installed it, it worked fine, but for some reason I unistalled it later, perhaps inproperly?) and am about to give up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help Ankit!

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankit, I have the exact same issue as Photyug, (mavericks - creative cloud wont install - absolutely no way to install any apps from Adobe), I also tried your method, but cannot see any option 1 or 3 in the cleaning tool. No matter what I try, creative cloud keeps declaring "installation failed contact customer support". Please provide assistance, as this issue prevents me from using or buying any Adobe applications or subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution described here solved the problem for me:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5780749

I think manually installing the application manager did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, but this does not help. I have deleted all of adobe products. I have run cleaner several times, deleted all the folders containing "adobe". I've updated my OS, rebooted and shut down my mac. But Creative Cloud Installer just hangs every time I am trying to run it. Снимок экрана 2016-12-29 в 7.50.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines