• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud does not remember/store my credentials.

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several issues login in to my Creative Cloud CC Apps. (I´m a full member to the Cloud, running on Windows 7, 64 bit).

1. Creative Cloud Connection app does not remember or store my credentials. I have to re-write them frequently. Also, It constantly disconnects itself from the web.

2. Photoshop CC, InDesign CC and Illustrator CC require, every other time I launch them, to sign-in.

3. I have to sign the "Adobe Software License Agreement" every time I launch Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign.

The cycle goes like this:

I launch the program and I´m asked to sign in (a trial version window):

1.jpg

I click the "Sign in Now" button below and get this:

2.jpg

I Log in with my password and get the "Software License Agreement":

3.jpg

Click on "Accept" and get the trial period expired message (I´m not on trial):

5.jpg

Click on "License this software" and get this:

6.jpg

I click on "Sign In Now" and get the previous pop up again (it's ridiculous):

2.jpg

Then the "Thank you" pop up again (7 now!) and the program finally launches.

I have to go trough this every time I launch a program. Anybody else experiencing this issues?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in wich country you are living?

had today another phonecall with a support guy.. but they dont know how to handle this issue...

on the one side they say they know what todo and we users are all silly and cant install the software but they cant find and provide a solution.

after 1 Week of contacting the support they ask me now to send log files to analyse the problem

but only after i now contacted the press office and told that i thinka bout to release an article about this support behaviour of adobe....

I cant understand this...

unbelievable..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This is amazing, I having the same problem and have indicated so in other similar posts. They just don't want to fix this problems. It has being more than 6 months know and we continue experiencing this problem.

I think they just don't want to fix this problem. I guess it is a problem for who has no reliable internet service. The worst of it is that we are a lot of us with this type of problem. Can't believe they just don't care.

After all this time it should have being corrected. I have had 3 adobe creative cloud updates and the same thing. They just do updates of features but they do not wan't to spend time fixing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me, however only when I restart the machine. I am on OSX Mavericks. Been working fine since I upgraded to CC i July, suddenly started a week ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my name to the ever increasing list of people faced with this problem. I never had any issues previously, but ever since I reinstalled Windows 8 (Professional x64) earlier this week the Creative Cloud application has been nothing but trouble. It keeps signing out, then requiring me to log back in and accept the license over and over again. Suffice to say, I am getting VERY frustrated. I've tried all the suggestions people have put here, including running it as an Admin and removing the OOBE and SLStore folders with absolutely no success.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE ADOBE. GIVE US A FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having this problem on my old Windows 7 PC, I bought a new PC, installed Windows 8.1 and guess what - the very same problem raises its ugly head again.

Please login...blah blah... the stupid cloud icon is black, then a few minutes it is grayed out.

Well, at least I could cancel the full subscription and switch to the "photoshop only" offer. Of course this piece of crap still does not work as it should - but at least I'm not giving them much money for their inability.

(On the 18th I will see if they really made it to let the new subscription start or if they just killed the full subscription. According to my experiences with Adobe so far, I fear the worst... but ok, could just install CS6 and wait for the big bang)

Waiting for a fix? Seems there won't be a fix - Adobe is busy with counting money and, of course, loosing their customer data to some hackers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the issue with many less steps then everyone else.

1)  C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE   and renamed the only file in there to somehting else

2)  Closed out any running version of Creative Cloud

3)  Opened creative cloud AS ADMINISTRATOR (*just being an admin and double clicking doesn't work.   You need to right click on the icon and select "RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR".  

That should do it.  At least it did for me.

Also, you can set up the program to always run as administrator in the progams "properties" and selecting the compatibility tab and checking the box in Privilege Level to "Run this program as administrator" and click apply.   Then  you can just double click the icon and it will always run as admin.

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try one of the suggestions here it seems to work for a few days then boom.

The issue definitely gets worse if I move somewhere with spotty wi-fi. It's like if Creative Cloud doesn't have an always-on internet connection it freaks out.

I would like to say again, this should be one of the easiest, most basic parts of the software. How many millions of sites use authentication every day? Why does this not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're 100% correct!

I have CC on my laptop for out of office work... I HAVE to find a connection in order to use it because if I do not I cannot. They've told me and everyone else that you can be offline for 30 days before prompted, this is not true because I can do 10 mins and have to re-log into the main CC app in order to open Photoshop. I open and close photoshop a lot because I need it close to run other apps. If I open and close it enough times It will log me out of CC and ask to log back in and there is no option to say later. YOU HAVE TO LOGIN!

I finally snapped and installed CS6 on my laptop and just left CC on my desktop because I cannot handle this anymore. I'm slowly going back to CS5.5 and CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. In fact, LOTS of issues since I got CC, NONE of which Adobe has addressed. If they're really trying to completely destroy customer loyalty and drive people to alternatives like Corel, well played. The subscription software rental thing is a ripoff, the programs are more full of bugs than ever, and apparently Adobe is NOT using this new windfall of profits to invest in product support. This is how Quark died...not the business model you want to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, keep logging out on Windows platform, i believed at first instance in a compatibility problem with Win 8.1 x64 but i see also problems on 7 from you, on Mac OSX Mountain no problem.
Any news?! it's incredible such a problem not solved for so long! o.O

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have just received this from Adobe via the case I opened with them about this. I have applied the change to my Windows system, but too soon to say if it works yet.

However if you would like to try it as well and give me feedback on if this solves the problem for you then here is what they suggest...

---

This is a follow-up email regarding the ongoing issue with Adobe EULA screen re-appearing on launching Adobe CC applications.

This is to inform you that to troubleshoot this issue please follow the steps depending on the operating system you’re using:

For Windows:

1. 1) Navigate to the location: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\
  2. 2) Right click on the Adobe folder and provide Full control permissions in the following way:
  • Right click on folder > Properties > Security tab > Advanced button.
  • Click Owner tab. It will show you the current Owner name.
  • Under Change Owner to: highlight your account name and click on Edit button.
  • Highlight your account name again under Change Owner to: and then Click Ok.
  • Click Ok again to Exit the Advanced Security Settings.
  • Click Ok once more to accept the security settings changes and exit the Adobe folder properties dialog.
  1. 3) Now launch the CC apps and test the issue.

For Mac:

1. 1) Navigate to the location: /Library/Application Support/
  2. 2) Command+Left Click on the Adobe folder and click Get Info.
  3. 3) Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
  4. 4) Check whether your account name is listed under this section. If not click on the lock icon and enter your Mac credentials.
  5. 5) Click on the + icon to add your current account and from the Privilege drop down: choose Read and Write.
  6. 6) Finally click on the Gear icon and choose “Apply to enclosed items”.
  7. 7) Re-launch CC applications and test the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround of sorts for those of you who are still getting the log in and nag screens etc. I've found that by keeping the actual Creative Cloud app closed, the other Adobe programs will stay logged in. I've been running it this way for a couple of weeks now and haven't had to sign in at all. It's inconvenient if you need to keep your files synced constantly, but other than that it seems to work quite well. You can just open the Creative Cloud app when you need to sync your files and hopefully it won't log out while it's doing it.

At any rate, it's the best I can come up with until Adobe themselves get off their proverbials and fix the damn thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twilson,

This is definitely interesting. I will try it out. Thanks for the idea. I hope it works for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that worked for me was un installing the cc desktop app completely and never use it again.My apps do work all now,I do get the updates without the app running and no signing out.I did try all the solutions and this was the only one that worked.As long as Adobe will not solve this problem I won't be using the desktop app for cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holly smokes; I did not know it was that simple. Thank God you figured out. I don't need the desktop CC also.

Thanks VisualDevelopment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

the strange thing about this issue is that almost every workaround seems to fix it, but only for some time. After a few days the problem raises its ugly head again and the effect even persisted after I bought a new PC. Having installed a fresh OS, installed Photoshop and three days later...guess what...you all know the nag screens.

Some time ago, I sent my logfiles to Priyank Jain from Adobe (see his post on the first page of this thread) and received two patched dll files from him.

Had to replace the original files with the patched ones (they are stored in eight different locations) and this stopped the problem for roundabout four weeks.

Then the cloud installer made some updates and... I've got the bug again. Replaced the new dlls with the patched ones - nothing changed. Appearently Adobe has "fixed" the application so that the patched dll files do not help anymore. Mailed to Priyank but got no reply. He seems to be fed up either with me, the bug or the company

So I thought "Hey, I don't really need the full cloud, so let's switch to the Photoshop+Lightroom bundle. The full subscription has just been a test, I don't need more than Photoshop - and a company which cannot get its job done, surely does not need €24.59 each month (not to talk about €61), €12.29 is enough for them". Of course Adobe then screwed up my order given by telephone. They managed to cancel the Creative Cloud full subscription but failed in processing the new subscription. My order, submitted October 18th, is still in the status "may take 24 hours". So I called support on November 18th, but they were not able to solve that problem. Contacted support via chat on November 21st but to no avail. Since November 23st they are trying to delete the order.

After the already paid subscription from Creative Cloud ran out while I've been waiting for the Adobe support to fix my order, I just re-ordered the bundle again but this time using the webshop. And to my big amazement at least something at this company actually WORKED! It just took 30 seconds and I got my new subscription.

Now the funniest part: Since restarting the cloud application to get my new (and smaller) credentials, the stupid nag screens and reminders mystically disappeared.

Current status: happy

So Adobe forces me to use the cheaper subscription. And I thought they would just want my money... Anyway, if the issue will rise again, I'll try the suggestion from VisualDevelopment. Sounds great.

Best regards and good luck to you all (I suppose you'll need it considering the "support" we receive from Adobe)

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon looking at the folder, the permissions already seem to be set right. I think that it's great that Adobe folks are trying to find the problem at some level, but at least for me, that's not it.

I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with a support person who had me uninstall CC and clean it out, then after multiple restarts, reinstall it. I told him at the time that I really doubted it would work having done it before, but he was confident to the point of being cocky.

Obviously it didn't work. I can get CC to fail pretty regularly just by going to part of the house where wi-fi is spotty and then launching a few Adobe apps. At that point the logo in the tray goes gray and I have to re-login and accept the EULA's again.

I'll try quitting the CC app for a while, the last time I did this it thought all my apps were on 30-day trial.

I know I'm not the only person to express confusion and frustration that this system works so poorly. Adobe is not a new company and in fact they rose to prominence by offering software solutions that somehow avoided the problems that their bug-ridden competitors often had. I'm incensed at paying monthly for something that really doesn't work terribly well especially since I have to tell you, I could probably get most of my work done quite satisfyingly with Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, and InDesign 2. There really have been only a few features in the 10+ years since those programs were current that I need.

The biggest disappointment of all, however, was the way the support rep didn't listen to the things I had already done and wasted a prodigious amount of my time with a fix I knew wouldn't work. I repeatedly asked to be transferred to a higher level of support and he wouldn't do it, and he claimed he would respond to my posts on their issue report system but really took about a week to get back to me the first time and hasn't gotten back to me since.

It would be easy to call this "the biggest debacle of my life" and claim that Adobe is a "total POS' or whatever but let's not get caught in the hype. This is an inconvenience, but it's enough of an inconvenience in conjunction with the monthly slap-in-the-face credit card bill that I'll consider other options when the year is up. I might go back to my legitimate, owned version of CS6 or just look for other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi middle.aged.hack and all readers and forum members,

Agreed with you totally this is so frustrating. It is becoming a nightmare. When this type of problems go on for so long, is when the large corporation become very cocky and I am talking not only about the support person who made you spend all that time all over again. It is the complete Adobe company becoming cocky and from similar companies in the past we know what happens, how their reputation goes down severely and they have to start working their way up again. Some are lucky and manage to recuperate themselves as it happened with Norton in the past, but some do not get that lucky and have to sale out their shares to other companies.

I was a programmer in the past and I know very well that this issue is simple to be solved by them. It should really not be that difficult to resolve. The problem is that most probably they are trying to solve some other security mechanisms for themselves regarding the usage of the software and to avoid piracy or improper use that it has become a mess to set it up corretly and therefore causing all this inconveniences and annoyance to all of us the customers. But as you say, they are sharp collecting the payments from us. I am also considereing to go back and use the traditional appllication even they have few less features which help us do some tasks easier but yet could be done other ways.

Let's hope they come into common sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I thought I would reply to let anyone reading this discussion know that the issue is not resolved. I spoke to Adobe last in mid-November and keep updating the support case every week or so just so they know that they are still failing in their ability to support me.

And hey,wasn't this whole Creative Cloud situation supposed to let us get access to new features sooner? Has anyone seen a new feature yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new feature? Sure -

We work out how to fix their bugs.

I allowed the updates listed today to install, like the good little girl (idiot!) that I am, and now my PSCC x64 is borked.

The 32bit version works, but 64bit fails to start with error 0x000007b.

Here we go again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my good! iam so glad to cancel this CC Membeship... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every single Doller/Euro was wasted...

at the end i decided to switch to gimp, corel, blender & CO!

I think about to order only the Photoshop Licence as a stand alone licence.. but i dont know.

ADOBE is one of the worsest company...

compared to Microsoft.. i use there 2 Cloud services and when there is a problem there, the wil try to solve this over weeks when its nessercary....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. It looks really bad when you are at a client's site and the software isn't opening up smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL an issue, apparently not a SINGLE thing has been done to address this, or the MANY other issues plaguing their too-loyal customer base since their brilliant subscription rental software idea.

I'm learning Corel, and I suggest all other designers learn Corel, because that's where the industry is headed now that Adobe's jumped the shark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I chose CorelDRAW over Illustrator because it was a superior illustration application. It was many years before Illustrator added functions that Corel built in from the early releases. I can't believe that I now have to have to register everytime I use the Adobe software. What a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me (and others) its problem of language localization.

If your CC is installed in different language than Windows, it keeps logging off (screenshots of license languages here and there proves what i am saying). It can be only that you have international english windows vs North America CC.

ADOBE!!! Fix this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines