• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installer can't be opened because Apple Cannot check for malicious software

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the new 16" MacBook Pro.  I am trying to install the Creative Cloud and I get this message: "Creative Cloud Installer can't be opened because Apple Cannot check for malicious software."

I am a graphic designer, and I need to access the Adobe Creative Suite as soon as possible to continue work.  I cannot access the Creative Suite.  Please help.  Thanks!

Andrea

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Finally! Adobe CC & Photoshop apps are installed on my Mac. I am not sure what was the real issue. I did a combination of following (don't know what worked):

1. Launch already installed Adobe XD
  2. Run update for Adobe XD
  3. Leave the PC for overnight SW updates (power connected)

in the morning Adobe CC was installed 🙂

Thanks Jeff for your hint, that was the key step I was missing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not a MAC user but see if this helps

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202491

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will happen trying to install ANY old app to Catalina. You cannot do this.

Your post is not clear, since you mention both Creative Cloud and Creative Suite. Creative CLOUD - latest version - should be fine on Catalina. If you get this error with Creative Cloud installs, please tell us the install file name and where you downloaded from.

Creative SUITE - any version - can never run on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to install the adobe could via creative cloud installer onto a new mac with updated software (Catalina). I downloaded the installer direclty from adobe . Still, it is not possible to open the intaller. I also can't use the app store due to internal network restrictions. Is there any hack/ workaround so I can install adobe cloud accordingly? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same. When I googled and reached the Adobe CC link and downloaded the installer, it was apparently an older version. So finally I went to my Adobe CC license purchase email and accessed the link to Adobe CC. That installer went through on the Catalina without an issue. Currently installing all apps via Adobe CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to install? Creative Cloud Desktop App or Creative Suite version like CS6. 

If the newest CC Deskto App that you got from going to the Adobe website then there is a setting in the system preferences (or there use to be) that only allows you to download and install programs (Apps) from the Mac App Store. You need to turn that off or set to App store and registered software providers (or something like that).

Also If this is an Older installer for the CC DTA then you can't use that as it is 32bit and the newest MacOS won't run any 32 bit programs/installers/whatever is 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I hope this thread is still alive. I am facing the same issue still with a Mac Book Pro. 
I am trying to install Photoshaop App from https://creativecloud.adobe.com 

Once I click on the "Photoshop_Installer.dmg" that is downloaded, I get following error mesage:

”Photoshop Installer.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Do you mean that Adobe CC cant be used on Mac? Interestingly I have Adobe XD which works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Creative Cloud Desktop app yet? This should be your starting point for all CC work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well even that gives the same error 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, but it might be that your Mac's security settings are set up to only allow things you buy in the App Store. Make sure they are set to allow "identified developers". See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to install other apps (non Adobe and also Adobe XD) which I download from the internet. Only Adobe CC Apps seem to be a problem. That does not make sense.

The process from Apple Dicussions doesnt help as already my securtiy settings "allow Apps from Appstore & identified developers"

The problem seems to be notairzed apps. Please see the attached image, its a snapshot from the apple support link you mentioned. I dont know how to proceed furhter now 😞

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 18.47.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhijeet, please make sure to access the contextual menu and select Open on the Photoshop Install.app.  This step is necessary to override when the developer, anything outside the App store, can not be identified.

The contextual menu is accessed by right-clicking and you can find out more information at https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/menus/contextual-menus/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, Thanks for the hint. I could progress further after clicking Open in cotextual menu. I learnt something new today 🙂

The installation progressed to a stage where I had to sign in with my Adobe ID and Creative Cloud installation begins and fails immediately with error code:P1

I will try again with system reboot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the P1 error stays even after restart of my machine. The only improvement is that now the installer first opens a browser page to validate my account and then still fails with error code P1 😞

Steps:

1. I am making all these trials with Adobe CC installer for Mac - https://creativecloud.adobe.com/?promoid=29NMCNT6&mv=other 
  2. First time I open Creative_Cloud_Installer.dmg with contextual menu, I still get original message of unverified app. But on second try I am able to get to launch the installer
  3. Then I am asked to enter admin password and permission access to the folder where dmg  is stored.
  4. Then again I get a message that the app is unverified, I just click OK.
  5. Then Adobe installer launches, opens the browser page to validate my account and bam - installer fails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Adobe CC & Photoshop apps are installed on my Mac. I am not sure what was the real issue. I did a combination of following (don't know what worked):

1. Launch already installed Adobe XD
  2. Run update for Adobe XD
  3. Leave the PC for overnight SW updates (power connected)

in the morning Adobe CC was installed 🙂

Thanks Jeff for your hint, that was the key step I was missing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Abhijeet!  I am happy to hear that the errors you were encountering have been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is still happening to people, but I followed the instructions someone put the link in for here. Doing the following fixed the issue and I was able to download premier pro with through the creative cloude website
High level - I'm using Catalina and it's a work computer and I was advised not to upgrade yet. 

1. In System Preferences, click Security & Privacy.

2. At the bottom of the page, click Open Anyway button.

No problems after that installing from creative cloud website 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 3.21.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you . it work for installer the apps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me installing the CC app on my iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Solved it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here on the new 14 Mac book m1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines