• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud is blank window why?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit computer. Creative cloud informs me of updates, but on launch nothing appears but a blank window. Header creative cloud and the gear appear. The only options listed with the gear are; help, pin to window area, and quit creative cloud. Removing creative cloud and re-installing fails to fix the problem of a blank window. Cannot update any product using creative cloud, cannot see any thing in cloud window. No way to sign in or out, just quit. Problem for three days now and no support available to fix problem. This means paying for subscription, but not getting access or updates at this point. I feel a bit cheated paying for something, I am not getting!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Hi jfalsken,

Please follow the steps mentioned below

WIN 7 and 8 (64 bit):

WIN 7 and 8 (32 bit):

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jfalsken,

Please follow the steps mentioned below

WIN 7 and 8 (64 bit):

WIN 7 and 8 (32 bit):

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 OOBE is located: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE - and don't you rename the opm.db?

I could not find anything in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what windows operating system do you have? I'm trying to put it all together, if you don't mind helping me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked!   - delete OOBE in appdata and reinstall - yaaayyy!!    thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since yesterday (Creative Cloud worked fine so far). I executed the above steps. But no effect. what now? Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found it. Apparently two OOBE folders need to be removed C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE and CC reinstalled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO mutch! It worked!

Finaly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no OOBE folder in the said location. Also it's impossible to uninstall or reinstall the application, as the process crashes. Win 8.1 64, Creative cloud didn't work even once (black inactive screen only).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got the same problem on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here...this thread resolved my issue (you need to delete all OOBE folders):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1239972

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall CC desktop and install it again. Deleting or changing name for OOBE didn't work.

Win8.1 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 Premium.

I've tried all the following in the previous posts to no avail, except for creating new windows account. New account was the only way for it to work and I did not want that.

I finally figured out the root of all evil. The ampersand in Windows user folder name (not the Windows displayed user name).

If you have ampersand (&) or other non-alphabet characters in windows user folder name (Example: C:\Users\Bob & Mary), then Flash Builder will fail to install (happened to me), Creative Cloud will display white screen, and/or other miscellaneous problems.

I confirmed this to be true and works:

1) I had blank Creative Cloud window as shown in the first post.

2) I renamed the display username and window user folder name by doing the instructions here:

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/28/how-to-change-a-windows-account-name-and-user-profile-folder-name/

(Example: Change from "Bob & Mary" to "Bob n Mary" - without the quotes)

3) After logging back in my newly renamed account, I opened Creative Cloud and login interface shows up! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It was a bit complicated and I had to log into the new account in safe mode before it let me change the user folder name, but the Ghacks.net instructions were excellent (and be sure to read all the comments as there are a few helpful tips there too). When I went back into my regular user account that I had changed the name of, and opened the Creative Suite window, voila, it was no longer blank and I was able to download the program I wanted! Thanks so much IrishMerlin! Your research has hopefully helped many. It sure helped me!!!!

Weird computer glitches = time wasters. Arghhh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having this same issue, and nothing on the forum was working. Ended up talking with customer support and they were able to give me specific instructions similar to the first response on this post, but different, and worked for me... below is relayed to the best of my memory and was on Win7 Pro.

1. Close all adobe programs.

2. Open windows task manager (ctrl + alt+ Delete)

3. Select the processes tab.

4. End all adobe related processes(including "creative cloud" processes)

5. (windows key + R) to open the run prompt window.

6. type or copy/paste "%localappdata%" (without quotations) into the window and select "OK"

7. Navigate to ADOBE>OOBE

8. select and delete the "opm" file

9. Reopen the creative cloud app.

That process worked for me, hope it works for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you barnaby20 !!! That actually worked!!!!!

(I was about to give and kill myself)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me! and thank you for putting together very clear and concise instructions.

Fixed my problem QUICKLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue and using baraby20's steps fixed it in two minutes flat.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Worked perfectly: Win 7 64 Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you barnaby20!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines