• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud is blank window why?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit computer. Creative cloud informs me of updates, but on launch nothing appears but a blank window. Header creative cloud and the gear appear. The only options listed with the gear are; help, pin to window area, and quit creative cloud. Removing creative cloud and re-installing fails to fix the problem of a blank window. Cannot update any product using creative cloud, cannot see any thing in cloud window. No way to sign in or out, just quit. Problem for three days now and no support available to fix problem. This means paying for subscription, but not getting access or updates at this point. I feel a bit cheated paying for something, I am not getting!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Hi jfalsken,

Please follow the steps mentioned below

WIN 7 and 8 (64 bit):

WIN 7 and 8 (32 bit):

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I have followed the instructions and deleted the opm file but everytime I re-start CC the opm file pops right back into the OOBE folder again. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, once I removed the opm file, my cloud that I had installed  wouldn't open. So I went here https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/photoshop and redownloaded the creative cloud app. i guess when you go there to download PhotoShop it makes you download the cloud app first so that it can download the PhotoShop app within the cloud app. Maybe this will help!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the opm.db file SHOULD reappear once you open CC desktop, this is not the problem. If you h ave the blank window problem, you need to uninstall CC desktop, delete BOTH OOBE  folders , empty the trash can, and reboot your computer. then isntall CC desktop again. I wish we could get the previous version, which was stable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked beautifully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you barnaby20 for your help..

Perhaps our problem differed from those of others on this thread, but your proposed procedure did not work for us.

Upon downloading and installing Creative Cloud Desktop on a Win 8 laptop, the application opened with a blank black screen whose only options were pin to start, help and quit.

In order to install Creative Cloud Desktop, we:

1.  Uninstalled Creative Cloud Desktop;

2.  Downloaded and used the Creative Cloud Removal Tool (Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6) to remove any other traces of the software;

3.  Followed your instructions;

4.  Disabled the Intel driver (as recommended in a solution that we found on an Intel forum (Intel HD 4600 Drivers vs. Adobe Creative Cloud ... | Intel Communities), which advised of a conflict between certain Intel graphics drivers and the Creative Cloud application);

5.  Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop.  Installation of Creative Cloud Desktop was then successful.

6.  Re-enabled the disabled Intel graphics driver.  Screen resolution returned to normal.

Creative Cloud Desktop still opened and worked after re-enabling the driver.  We had installed Illustrator, and it opened normally, with the original drivers re-enabled.

This was one of the worst installation experiences that I have ever seen, and frankly was completely unacceptable.  The process took us nearly 4 hours to troubleshoot and work through, and our experience will weigh heavily on any decision to install other CC applications on the involved desktop or to expand the number of individuals having CC applications.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to leave a comment saying this worked for me!!!

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried using the clouds removal tool, I've tried system restoring my windows, and restarting my computer,  I've tried changing the name of the OOBE folder, but mone of those methods worked.

thanks barnaby20!!! I was about to give up!!

Windows 8 surface pro 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx barnaby20, your sollutions works for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider yourself kissed barnaby20, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven hells! It worked! Thanks be to barnaby20!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After countless hours searching, this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million Barnaby20.

Was approaching hair-pulling-out moment. I'm on Windows 8.1 and your solution worked perfectly for me.

You're a star!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Barnaby20, you are my hero. Not sure if you work for Adobe or not. If not, they should hire you right now! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job barnaby20 ! Worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you barnaby20!! I tried everything else suggested in this and other threads, and I literally said, "Hallelujah," out loud at my desk when this finally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do the uninstall/reinstall but it all seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really sad and irritating that after more than a year Adobe has not fixed the CC desktop app for Windows. Blank screens, not recognizing installed programs (Lightroom anyone?). Even Office 365 is implemented better for both Win & Mac and that's saying a lot. Adobe should really pull some devs off of adding new features to Photoshop for a week or two and iron this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Solved by selecting "quit" part of the logo disappears, then reopen and it ran some update. Now seems to be working fine. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG .."dead nemesis". That could have me mystified until morning!

Anyway your solution was dead simple and dead on!

Thanks bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!! worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First , thanks to itg237 for pointing out that there are TWO different OOBE directories to be deleted! THAT finally fixed it for me ( win7 pro 64 bit) .

Second, i went thru chat support and phone support, and they are aware of the OOBE problem , but apparently NOT(?!?!?!?!) that you need to delete TWO directories on 64 bit systems.

Third, Adobe has reached a point where I am starting to hate them as much as I used to hate Microsoft. They DONT OWN to their mistakes ( I was fine until updating CC desktop --- did they come out and disable the update, warn users?nope) - I am now afraid  to download ther updates , same as  i never would update windows until at least a year passed by.... CC desktop is bloated and loads like two century old locomotive. Adobe as a matter of fact is behaving like a very old company that thinks it does not owe anything to its users

MY CC desktop is fixed but does not recognize that I already have lightroom 5 installed. And i am afraid to click the install button .... who knows what misfortunes might happen!

UPDATE: today I booted my PC and got  the same message in photoshop! tried to open CC desktop, nothing would happen... now that i know alittle bit more about OOBE, went there and deleted the opm.db. This fixed it, although while loading CC desktop there was a message about not being able to create already existing folder. I am reporting this so maybe some kinf soul will take matters to adobe for a REAL solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Correct Answer" is not the correct answer. Had to remove the local data OOBE directory in post 9 above before it worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, there is a display driver issue.  I have an all black screen (instead of all white) in Creative Cloud every time it updates

I fix it by running Creative Cloud in 256 colors once, installing updates, closing Creative Cloud and then running as normal.

Short hand:
Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe >
Properties >
Compatibility > Check "Run in 256" > Run CC > Finish install > Close > Uncheck "Run in 256" > Run CC.

Step-by-step:

1. Close all Adobe products (kill them in task manager)
  2. Right Click C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
  3. Select "Properties"
  4. Select "Compatibility" tab
  5. Under "Settings," check "Run in 256 colors"
  6. Apply
  7. Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
  8. You should be able to see all the options now, complete the update, then close Creative Cloud
  9. Close all Adobe products (kill them in task manager)
  10. Right Click C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
  11. Select "Properties"
  12. Select "Compatibility" tab
  13. Under "Settings," uncheck "Run in 256 colors"
  14. Apply
  15. Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines