• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a Creative Cloud plan, but I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. Can on account run on both computers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all the installations you might have, only two of them can be in an activate state (signed in).  Of those two active machines you can only use the subscription software on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartikay,

You CANNOT use CC on two computers at the same time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can. We do all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelr40285045 wrote:

You CANNOT use CC on two computers at the same time!

jont91389680  wrote

Yes you can. We do all the time.

jont91389680​, let's put it that way: The license terms say, that you are not allowed to use the software concurrently on 2 machines. Even if it works, you are breaking the license terms and saying so could get you indicted for breach of those terms. So, if you are using one cloud id and you are 2 people working concurrently on projects, you are in violation with the license terms. Adobe could monitor this and lock you out.

With concurrent use you need as much licenses as you have concurrent users.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I need to purchase another license/subscription for a third machine I use with Creative Cloud; must I create a new adobe ID, or can I use my current adobe ID to purchase the second subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am interested in using my account on 3 machines.  I currently have a iMac and a MBP.  I am thinking of getting the new Macbook for travel as weight restrictions are forcing me to prune weight wherever I can (it will only have 8GB ram [max] so will be not useful the rest of the time.)  I would not be using all three at the same time.  Is it really possible to unregister one machine, register on another (for trips) and go back and forth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartikay_Sharma wrote:

HI antoniahordern & Re: Creative Cloud on 2 personal computers gpaai,

A single Creative Cloud membership can only be installed on to two machines only and you are also able to use both of them at the same time . Thats a special exception that we have provided to our Creative Cloud customers.

I hope this should help .

Kartikay Sharma

Staff member, Kartikay_Sharma stated ealier in this thread that "A single Creative Cloud membership can only be installed on to two machines only and you are also able to use both of them at the same time . Thats a special exception that we have provided to our Creative Cloud customers".

Is this correct ?.  I was not aware that there is a special exception, that allows both installations of a single Creative Cloud membership to be used at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitm07 wrote:

Staff member, Kartikay_Sharma stated ealier in this thread that "A single Creative Cloud membership can only be installed on to two machines only and you are also able to use both of them at the same time . Thats a special exception that we have provided to our Creative Cloud customers".

Is this correct ?.  I was not aware that there is a special exception, that allows both installations of a single Creative Cloud membership to be used at the same time.

No, it is not correct.  There were some misconceptions (and a misprint) when Creative Cloud first came out...

But the language in the legal licensing terms is very clear that the two installations cannot be used/run simultaneously.  There is no special exception.

Also, to answer Zehngirl's question further up – if you purchase an additional CC membership for installation on two more computers, then you would need to create and use a second Adobe ID for those second pair of systems.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the language in the legal licensing terms is very clear that the two installations cannot be used/run simultaneously.  There is no special exception.

That's very disappointing.  As a professional photographer, I regularly multitasks when using Adobe software, using one PC for printing etc, whilst using the other to develop my landscape photographs (RAW conversions etc) .  I assume that breaches of the licensing terms, are transmitted to Adobe during the monthly software validation.  I will therefore abide by the licensing terms it contains, even though I feel it's unfair to multitasking licensees like myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for what it's worth, all of Adobe's software has always been that way... there's no difference here with CC.

Even with all the years of Creative Suite – e.g., CS6 and older, whose terms are also given on that licensing page – it worked exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools wrote:

Well, for what it's worth, all of Adobe's software has always been that way... there's no difference here with CC.

Even with all the years of Creative Suite – e.g., CS6 and older, whose terms are also given on that licensing page – it worked exactly the same.

True, but if I'd purchased perpetually licensed software, rather than a CC subscription. I could have installed the software on both systems, and Adobe would have had no way of monitoring rather the licensing agreement had been breeched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't count on that.  Obviously the installed software itself knows when, where and how it is being used, whether the license is perpetual or subscription.

So unless you intend to never connect one of those systems to the Internet - ever - I wouldn't do it if I were you.  Even so, it would be a clear violation of the terms of the license you agreed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I want to know is how do I GET  to my library that's on my account from a second computer?

Theresa Manley

Graphco

[personal information removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

It sounds like this is what you're trying to accomplish?

How do I share a LR catalog between computers?

Would suggest popping over to that thread, and reading through to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the “cloud” part of all this if I have to save to an external drive, update file on another device, and then reverse the process upon return to the original computer?

Theresa Manley

Graphco

6563 Cochran Road

Solon, OH 44139

[personal information removed by moderator]

Email Theresa Manley<https://graphco.landslide.com/editor/tmanley@graphco.com//graphco.landslide.com/editor/tmanley@graphco.com>

This email and any files transmitted with it are

confidential and intended solely for the use of the

individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error please

notify the system manager.

Ohio Graphco, Incorporated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using different user accounts on a single computer? If I install CC on my desktop and have two different user accounts for the computer (my girlfriend and I), does it count as one computer or two different computers when activating CC? Can we have CC activated for both of us on the desktop and still activate it for a separate laptop for her?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each Adobe ID can have one CC with two activation. You & your girlfriend have different CC you can use it on the same computer only when one of them deactivates & the other logs in, do remember that too much of deactivation might lead to server error.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you are only one user, but want to use two user accounts on the same Mac?

I've got a big project coming up and I want to create a temporary user profile so that I can work in a clean environment and avoid font conflicts and distractions. Once the project is finished, I'd be deleting that user account to save space.

I can't use both user accounts at the same time, but I'm not sure how this would be perceived by Adobe. (i.e. would the Mac allow background things to run in both user accounts at the same time that would make it look like both were active at the same time?)

What would be the smartest way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a business owner using my CC license at work during the day and at home during the night. I ordered a new Microsoft Surface Book last week and am anticipating installing a couple of my CC apps on this tablet for when I'm between home and office. I foresee a problem when I forget to sign out of one of the PC's and I'm forced then to sign out of all machines so I can login with my tablet. Not only that, I might sign in and out of an account multiple times a day if I'm doodling in Photoshop on breaks, at what point will I be having sign in issues due to too much activity on your server? (I read this might be a problem earlier in the forum)

At some point I'm going to likely also have a Windows 10 phone that allows me to run the Cloud on it, isn't it about time Adobe changes with the new reality that we are on the verge of having our apps and computing ability in multiple different situations per day?

Seriously guys, I'm not going to pay you $100 a month to use the same app I can use during breakfast that I want to play with at lunch on my phone or tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC is based on Adobe ID which has to be verified, you can go for key card subscription which does not get auto renewed until you make further payment.

Adobe CC Prepaid Subscriptions: How to Buy a Year+ in Advance | ProDesignTools

Redemption code help

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a question as well. If you can only download an app on two devices, can you delete it off one, and re download it to another? Meaning, I have indesign downloaded on my work computer, and If I download it on my home computer, and I end up getting a different laptop, could I delete it off the first one, and re download it onto the second one? So at all times I only have it on two devices? Or is it two downloads total that you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven, Wendy –

It sounds like this guide could be helpful to answer the questions you posted, and more:

How to Move Adobe CC Between Two Computers, or from Windows to Mac

Hope that helps; if there's anything further that's not clear, then just post back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is terrible !

First we're told that you can't have the applications running simultaneously on two machines (though God only knows why - Apple's App Store apps are usable simultaneously on any Macs signed into your account) ... but, on top of that, you say that if we duly deactivate one to use the other, it "might lead to server error" !

Dear oh dear Adobe !  This is poor treatment of paying customers indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More flexible licensing would be a real bonus. My family of three,wife, daughter and me, would like to be able to share more easily across our 5 computers (two desktops and three laptops). I'd be happy to buy extra licenses but having to have them on separate accounts is the problem. Its a real pain. I think a much easier system is install on whatever computers you want and then log in when you use the pc. That's the cloud way after all. I figured that was the main point when CC came out, (other than creating a more consistent Adobe revenue stream, which is fine). It would be especially nice to have lightroom on all pcs. We'd probably only use photoshop on a main pc but having access to a lightroom from everywhere would be awesome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, I do understand your viewpoint, you have an option of going for single app CC for team.

Announcing Creative Cloud for teams single app « Adobe Creative Cloud

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201308/080113AdobeCCSingleApp.html

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is the right place for my question:

I am subscribed to the monthly-paid CC scheme for photographers (PS+LR), activated on two machines. While the newest LR was upgraded on the Mac, I still wait for this on the PC. Why is that so?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines