• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Running in Compatibility Mode (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot install most creative cloud apps because creative cloud is running in compatibility mode for some reason. This affects about 2/3rds of apps, including Lightroom, Premiere Pro and After Effects.

When I click on the "Not Compatible" button of any of these apps, I get the following message: "Please update your operating system to: Windows 10 (version 1803 or later). I am currently running Windows 10 build 1909. My computer is less than a year old and I meet all system requirements for these apps.

I followed the troubleshooting steps that I found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/all-apps-displayed-aam.html

But none of the files mentioned in the article are running in compatibility mode, so this did not do anything for me.

This is a freshly re-installed version of creative cloud. I have been having the same problem for a few months, but I could use legacy versions of the apps I needed, and I re-installed hoping that re-installing creative cloud and all apps would fix the problem. My PC has a i7-9750H, 32 Gb RAM, 370 Gb free space on the hard drive and Windows 10 64 Bit Build 1909. I have a "All Apps" subscription with Adobe.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

[removed ms word formattting codes... Mod]

Probably not what you want to hear, but I did a full re-install of windows, and when I re-installed creative cloud it figured out the correct version of windows. It’s been working fine since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That MAY be a Microsoft problem... Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find any Microsoft help articles about compatibility mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I tried searching several terms relating to my problem but I wasn't able to find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer STARTS in compatibility mode, I think that means you have a hardware driver issue that is not allowing Windows to run properly... I will GUESS a motherboard device driver that is somehow "bad"

I have NO idea how to determine your actual problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this problem solved as I have exactly the same thing. Running latest version of Windows. I called Adobe but thier technitions seemed to think because I run WIndows 10 2004, they belive I'm running an old Windows 2004 !!!! Driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed ms word formattting codes... Mod]

Probably not what you want to hear, but I did a full re-install of windows, and when I re-installed creative cloud it figured out the correct version of windows. It’s been working fine since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After following a series of suggestions a chat agent recommended the following which resolved the issue for me: 

"Thanks for the details, it seems an older version of Creative cloud app installed on your machine. You would need to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to fix this issue. This tool allows you to uninstall software by cleaning the system files of the applications, so that you can reinstall from scratch. This cleanup involves the potential loss of some locally stored data such as your preferences or installed plug-ins. This data can be saved beforehand if you wish. Your jobs, projects, and data stored online will not be impacted. You can find a description of the tool and a download link on the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before reinstalling our applications, restart your system, this operation is very important. We won't lose the chat during the reboot of your system, just restart the chat and we'll pick up where we left off."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others, if you want clean your computer of adobe files:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines