Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update fails with error 301

Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe?

What year is this, when you're displaying an error number to the end user? And the dialogs that display this show "error 301" as some kind of link, but it does nothing when clicked on.

This is under Mac OS, so some of the other topics that mention Visual C++ redistributables obviously don't apply here.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but as I mentioned, I'm on a Mac. So the other topics that mention Visual C++ redistributables don't apply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten that it was MacOS.
I'm sorry.
I think this is valid.

This post was posted by a person who could actually avoid the 301 error on Mac
https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/receiving-error-301-on-mac-cc/td-p/10381624

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got Error 301 on my Mac.  Couldn't get CC to update anything.  SOLVED:

1. Located CC in Finder Apps Folder

2. Select Uninstall

3. It will ask if you want to Uninstall or Repair (Choose REPAIR)

4. Should work after repair cycle...mine did.  If not I would uninstall, and reinstall CC.  Clearly CC is the problem.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option:

1. Uninstall CC.

2. Install competent products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank this worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot clicking the uninstall app and then 'repair' worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem under Mac OS and the solution for me is to give Creative Cloud permission to access the Documents (or any related)  folders.
Make sure to quit all Adobe applications that are working in the background such as Creative Cloud, CCXProcess, CoreSync helper then reopen Creative Cloud if it asks for permission, accept it then the update should work.

Also, double-check and open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy tab and select File and Folder in the left panel, you should see adobe apps and make sure the folders that are listed are checked for each app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines